opposites attract ↬ rilaya

-friendship one shot-

Riley and Maya are the true definition of complete opposites. Riley gets good grades while Maya can care less about school. Riley wore colorful and bright colors when Maya's favorite color was black.

They don't even hang out with the same group of people, yet they are best friends. No one can break their bond even if they tried their hardest. They hung out every day after school and hugged every morning before going to class.

Whenever they are walking side by side it always turns the heads of their classmates. Riley friends hate Maya's friends and you can say the same thing about Maya's friends to Riley's friends.

Hey, at least that's something they both have in common. Their friends hate each other's guys. Riley's friends very well hated Maya too. Especially Lucas because she was the reason why she rejected him. When he confessed her feelings to her Riley said that she can't be with someone who hates her best friend. Now Lucas can't even look at Maya.

Riley wants to become a nurse when she goes up while Maya beats up people for fun. Riley hates that quality about Maya yet she still wants to stick with her to the end. Their friendship is so pure sometimes people get jealous of it. Well let's look into a day of this beautiful relationship.

r i l e y

As soon as I walked into school I scanned the halls for Maya. "Boo!"

I shrieked as a pair of hands suddenly were on me. The sound of laughter abruptly from the lips of the person who scared me and I immediately knew who it was. All of my anger faded away and I turned around to see Maya. She giggled and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." I replied wrapped my arms around her waist, squeezing her tighter. "I missed you peaches, why did you have to go by your grandparents for the weekend." I whined and pulled away.

"Sorry honey, but this weekend we can hang out all day and all night."  I smiled brightly at the thought. The bell rang loudly and when it ended I let out a loud sigh. "Guess I'll see you later then?"

"Yup, bye." Maya said before giving me one last hug then leaving for her class.

---------

Maya walked into the lunch room and I was about to wave her over but Lucas pulled my hand down. "She's not going to sit with us Riley." I pulled my hand away and got up with my lunch. I went to an empty table then waved Maya over. When she saw me she smiled and jogged over. "Hey Riles, why are you sitting by yourself?"

"Lucas didn't want you to sit at their table so I went and got us an empty table." She sat beside me and gave me a hug. "Thanks for sticking up for me."

"Me and you to the end." I laced our fingers together and squeezed her hand a little.

"Always."