Four - Marie

As John walked down the stairs, he arrived through the lower hallways of Red Area, upon arrival. Whereupon, he saw a painting that depicted a giant horn. The painting whispered to him.

   "Your mind is corrupted..."
   "You don't belong here."

   He nabbed the "Breath" painting and threw it off to the other side of the wall.

   "I have had enough of THIS!!" He became volatile as he was hallucinating.

   Exiting through the first hallway, John stumbled upon a hall of other paintings. Despite that, John never recognised the paintings he saw when he was in the gallery. Not to mention, not only he didn't recognize the paintings, he didn't know what the names of them. Every names he saw were blurred out.

   "??? ??? ??? ???" This appeared on his head every time he gazed at the painting's names.

   He walked at the easternmost corner of the room and saw "The Lady in Red" painting. The painting, as he observed, smashed out of its frame. The painting made a sickening grin to her face before chasing John. Upon chasing, down the vicinity of the painting's sign was a red key. John was being chased as he tried to pick the key.

   "Hehehehe..." The painting cackled.
   "Go away, you motherfucker!" He yelled at the painting.

   John jumped above the painting as he took the red key. Then, the painting cornered John. The painting crawled slowly. "STOOOOOPPPPP!!!!" He shouted for help. John took the giant nail inside his pants's pocket and shoved it right into the painting's eyeballs.

   "Stay away from me!!" He pushed the nail deeper up to her skull.

   The Lady in Red screamed in agony as copious amounts of red paint streamed right to her face. He kicked the helpless painting away and left off with the red key. "My job is fucking done in this place." He inserted the key to the slot. The door unlocked and he opened it.

   Inside the room were shelves of books. Against the second shelf was a girl standing. She had a blue rose in her pocket of her skirt and she was wearing a blue shirt. "Who is this person?" As he approached the girl, he gave her a very stern look.

   "Who are you?" He asked.

   "Ummm... Eek! What's with that look?"

   "Nothing."

   "Sorry for all of this fuss. By the way, I'm Marie."

   "I'm John and I have been in this fucking place for eons."

   "Really?"

   "Yes. I hate being trapped."

   John stared at the petal in Marie's pocket. "What's this?" Marie said to him: "It's a petal. This is my only thing that my life is depended upon. If the petals are gone, so too I will die." The flower that she had, was a blue rose. If one petal was removed on the rose of her, she would slowly die off. Marie could not remember what happened to her other than her blue rose, where she found it at the gallery's entrance. The rose was the only thing her "life" was depended upon. The two were looking for a key to the next room. "How can we open this door?"

   "I'm sure that there's a key here." She replied.

   "How about this," He kicked the door in hubristic manner.

   "You fucking idiot. What in vegetable's name are you doing?!"

   Marie stopped John from kicking the door. "I'm pretty sure that there's a key in these bookshelves." John and Marie looked for the key in every bookshelf they rummaged into. John checked the door first. To his surprise, the door key had no slot, despite the fact that the door was locked.

   "What the fuck?! There is no key slot?"

   "I think only a book can open this door." Marie said.

   "Are you BATSHIT CRAZY?! Have you lost your mind? There is no slot on the door, not even a key slot!"

   "Shut up, then!"

   The two gave up looking for the key until they saw something gleaming in one of the shelves. It was a red book. Marie took the mysterious book in the shelf and examined. Apparently, it was a storybook crudely written in crayon.

   "Carrie Careless and Galette Des Rois?"

   "Do you know what it is?"

   "No idea."

   Marie put the book away into the shelf. As the book was put, there was a clicking sound at the door. Weirdly, the storybook was nowhere to be found. "Where was that?"

   The two moved further ahead and sat down the stairs. He was already exhausted after. Marie stood up and put the damaged blue rose in the vase. Her rose became healthy again and she sat down with John.

   "Why you act like this, John?"

   "I don't know," he said, "my mind is crazy or... who knows?"

   "What's with that wound on your wrist?"

   "It was just an accident."

   He took the clothing off of his wound and tossed it out. Marie took her rose in her pocket, removed some petals, and wrapped some of them into his wound. "Are you sure with that," he asked curiously as she saw her plucking some petals to her flower.

   "Are you sure with that?"

   "Yeah. I will not die. Only if the rose's petals are removed completely."

   "Let's go. We have to find the exit of this place."

   Marie and John headed to the east side of the hall, when one of the paintings spat. "Hyuck!" She grimaced in disgust. John clutched the painting to the opposite ends of the frame and snapped it to halves. He took the wooden pieces of the frame and threw the painting away.

   "We need this." John gave a long piece of wood to her.

   "For what?" She curiously wandered.

   "In case of... something."

   Exiting the final hall they saw a headless mannequin blocking the door.

   "Fuck off!" He seized the mannequin and bashed it roughly towards the door.

   "Stop this, you're destroying this door!"

   "Don't worry. You will be fine."

   The door shattered into pieces, with nothing left other than the doorknob. Chunks of the door flew off and scattered all over the floor. After that, they entered another room.