Chapter 4. The Chariot Ride

Enobaria wakes me at 10:00. I take a thirty minuet shower and go for breakfast. Cato is already up, and I flash him a smile.

  "Are you nervous?" he asks.

  "About what?"

  "The Chariot ride. I can see it on your face." he says.

   Leave it to him. He knows me better than anyone. "A little bit," I admit then Brutus comes in followed by Enobaria.

  "We're going down at 3:00 to get you ready for the Chariot ride. It's starts at five, so that gives you stylists plenty of time to get yo ready."

  "Who are our stylists?" Cato asks.

  "You'll find out when you get there," Enobaria says, coming into the room.

   I eat breakfast and then lunch three hours later. Before I know it, we're off to meet our stylists. Enobaria walks me into a small room then leaves. A few minuets later, three Capitol woman runs in, squealing. I flinch as they hug me.

  "Hello, darling!" the first lady says. "What's your name?"

  "Christine," I say, trying to sound polite.

  "Beautiful! Lets get you beautiful!" a lady with a blue wig says.

   They start on my face, and work their way down my body. They pluck my eyebrows, and lather my face with creams. They carefully shape my finger nails and paint them a soft pink. They throw me into a tub that's filled with soaps and slimy things. After I get out, they wax my legs and paint my toenails. When I'm done getting prepped, they all stand back and sigh.

  "You look glorious," one lady sighs.

   I don't feel glorious. My legs are burning, my eyebrows are stinging and this stuff in my hair smells weird.

  "Wait until Diamond gets a hold of you. You'll be unrecognizable!" then they leave.

   I wrap my towel around my body and wait for Diamond. A knock sounds at the door and she enters. I do a double take. Her hair is shaved on both sides and the top is shaped like a tall cake and dyed green. Her eyes are a piercing blue and her eyebrows are pierced with all kinds of piercings.

  "Hello, dear," she croons. "You are lovely."

  "Thank you," I say.

   "Now, you'll be identical to your tribute partner, so we must work on your makeup and hair. I only have 30 minuets to do so, so please work with me."

   She ties my hair in a low ponytail and curls the ends. She takes my bangs and tucks them in with a few pins. My makeup is simple. Gold eyeshadow and long, false eyelashes. She puts some light pink blush on my cheeks and gloss on my lips. Then comes my costume. It's a tunic that comes to my knees. A crown with wings in either side matches the outfit. My boots lace up my legs and tie at my knees. I look fierce and dangerous.

   I meet Cato by our chariot and we laugh.

  "Didn't think we'd be matching this much, huh?" he asks.

  "Nope," I answer.

   He helps me into the chariot and I grab the sides. I see Glimmer and Marvel in front of us and Glimmer turns around and waves at Cato. I have to admit. Their costumes are pretty cool. Glimmer looks like a fluffy pink rug was thrown on her. Her crown looks like a bird. Her makeup is beautiful though, as expected.

   Glimmer's chariot starts first, then ours next. I look at see the people screaming our names and clapping.

  "Don't smile. Just hold up your hand and wave," Cato whispers.

   So I do. I try to look solemn and wave to the crowd. We pull in next to Glimmer's chariot and wait for the others.

  "Cato, what's that?" I ask.

   A glowing light brings up the rear. District 12 is the last one to come.

  "I have no idea," he answers.

   It looks like they are on fire.

Yay another chapter!!!!

Look out for one tomorrow!