Seventeen

When I finally get downstairs, dressed in Dick's clothes, I find both frozen and fresh strawberries. Alfred appears in the kitchen, offering assistance, and I have to embrace him for a minute. I accept his help and we get together enough strawberry milkshakes to give some to everybody when they get back.

Alfred also tells me everything I need to be prepared for. Bruce has changed due to my death and Babs's injuries, but he's the least of my worries. I have two girls I'll have to get used to, since they're both living in the manor. And my new brothers, of course, though that's a work in progress already.

Damian falls asleep at the kitchen counter, so I lay him down one room away, in the den. The couch is close enough that someone will hear if he needs it. The kid's home with his family now, and I can rest a little easier. He and I are finally safe from Ra's world.

I decide to go down to the cave and greet Babs before the others return. There'll be a small party, with the milkshakes and everyone finally together. I bet Bruce is having the time of his life knowing all the kids he chose, once upon a time, are all home.

She shocks me. Her hair is still red, her lipstick still pink, her skin still a bit paler than she'd like. But she's stuck in a chair, like everyone said, and she's on a computer. I watch her from the shadows for a minute.

"Wing, I'm sending Black Bat your cycle. She's got a few wounds I want tended and she's a bit out of range for you guys to pick her up." Barbara says. "Batman, finish up there, and then I think we can wrap up with a sweep of the Arkham area... Of course, but I think we ought to give it a check. You never know with Harvey."

There's a pause and then she presses a button. "Here. Let me link the calls in through the cave, since you all have something to say."

Tim's voice, laced with static, hits first, followed by a chorus of bat names. "Robin, online. Black Bat, online. Nightwing, online...."

"Alright. Robin, first." Barbara says. He starts talking. "I want to follow somebody and catch a ride home. I've got one grapping hook left and I don't think I can make it."

"Bats, could you pick him up on your way?"

"Of course. That would also remedy my need for help."

"Alright, let's do that. Black Bat, what's on your mind?"

"I'm going to head home now. There's a bit too much blood for my liking."

"See you soon, then."

She fixes everyone's little problems with quick ideas, and I realize her big sister role has become her identity of Oracle, or so they call her. Then, Black Bat arrives, and she works to keep everyone on the radio while checking over the black haired girl's wounds. I step into the light then, and ask if I could be of assistance. She gives me the biggest smile I have ever seen and gestures to Cassandra. "Get her all sewn up, alright? Thank you."

I lead her to the med bay area, which I passed coming downstairs. Still in the same spot. I get supplies and then a good look at the teenage girl. Her raven hair is short, not even shoulder length, and she's of some Asian descent. I can see David Cain in her features.

I introduce myself properly, and she smiles softly. "I'm Cass. I guess I'm your sister..."

"I heard so. Here, let me." I pull the Kevlar off of her chest. There's a layer of black underneath, which is mutilated across her back. I tear it until I can clean and bandage her wound, which I do, and then the others start getting back. I give Tim some stitches on his forehead and an icepack for a bump he received to the wrist. Then I help Dick out with some of his cuts, and slowly, we all get upstairs to where the milkshakes await. Everyone is surprised.

It's a relaxing evening. Damian wakes up and ends up in Barbie's lap at the table. Right now, with everyone laughing and smiling, I feel very safe. There might still be ninjas after me, and there might not. I might still have a lot of problems with my siblings, and with all I left behind when I died, but I'm alright for now.