Chapter One: Malevolence

"Jeffery? Where in the world did that boy run off to?" Slenderman frowned as he stood in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. His proxies had given no sign as to the teen killer's whereabouts, and something about his sudden absence made the being uneasy.

"He probably did something stupid and ran off again," Ben commented when Slenderman voiced his concern, "he'll be back in a couple hours like always. Although now that I think about it, Jack's been gone for a while now." Jack never vanished. Not without cause.

"Where'd he go?" Slenderman asked. Ben paused, quickly swallowing whatever food he's managed to snatch.

"He said he was gonna hunt last night," Ben replied, "but he never came back. I'm sure they're both fine."

"You're not concerned about Jack?" Slenderman asked. Ben only shrugged.

"Am I worried? Maybe a bit," he said, "can my superhuman, cannibalistic boyfriend take care of himself? Without a doubt." Slenderman nodded, finishing up the food and setting it on the table. Masky and Hoodie joined them quickly, Toby following a few moments later. His proxies were chatting with one another easily, having accepted Toby back into the mix without pause.

'Lets just hope they come home soon,' he thought, 'last time they went missing trouble ensued. For all of us.' He sat down, ready to eat until the front door banged open. The proxies dove to their feet in an instant while Ben flickered in and out of existence, energy crackling around him. They calmed slightly as Jack stumbled into the house, looking partially traumatized. His mask was gone, his jacket covered in scratches, blood, and mud splatters.

"Jack!" Ben shouted, running to the cannibal's side as he all but fell. Ben helped lower him to the floor as the others came over. "What happened?" The cannibal looked at him, eye sockets wide. Jack gave some vague hand gestures that no one quite understood, looking frustrated.

"I'll get the whiteboard," Hoodie said, turning away. "Just hang on a few-"

"-eff..." They all froze, directing their gazes towards Jack. The cannibal's sharp teeth were clenched, a soft hiss escaping as he tried to make the necessary sounds to communicate with them. Jack's vocal cords had suffered years of non-use. For him to make sound at all past growls and groans was incredible. It meant something had to be very wrong for him to try and speak now. "-e...eff..."

"Don't strain it Jack," Ben said. Hoodie ran off to fetch Jack's whiteboard as the cannibal's face twisted angrily. He growled, looking every bit like an angry predator.

"N...no...ti-me," he managed to spit out. Another snarl broke off his next word and the cannibal panted, eye sockets narrowed. He looked nearly feral.

"Got it!" Hoodie called, surging back into the room. He handed the board to Jack who scowled at it.

'He usually doesn't look so menacing,' Slenderman thought, 'Then again usually we can't see his face.' Ben leaned over and whispered something in Jack's pointed ear, and the cannibal huffed before taking the board. He scribbled a statement on its surface, flipping it around for them to see.

"Jeff was taken?" Hoodie questioned. Jack nodded.

"Again?" Ben added. Jack shot him a look and the blond put his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying that this seems to be a common theme with him." Jack growled quietly before Slenderman interrupted him.

"Are you certain he was taken Jack?" The being asked. Jack nodded. "Who took him?" Jack stared at the board for a moment, frowning. He tried to draw something, but it just looked like a black figure with a gaping smile. Nothing Slenderman recognized.