Snowball Fight

Mark's POV

I don't know why Jack was smirking when I mentioned the snowball fight but I really didn't think much of it. I was just so excited to go play in the snow with Jack and Chica!

I smiled and threw on my coat (which I thrown in the dryer), some warm pants, and thick snow gloves. I grabbed the dog coat thing I bought a while ago on Amazon and put it on Chica. Jack had put on the same clothes on when I first met him.

I clipped on Chica's leash and walked outside. I watched as the small, delicate snowflakes dance and twirl as the floated to the ground. I was pulled back into reality as Chica pulled me along with her leash to chase after Jack.

"Ah! Chica slow down! MY LEGS CAN'T KEEP UP WITH YOU!" I yelled as snow piled up in drifts at my sides as Chica dragged me along.

Jack laughed and helped me slow Chica down. She then sassily barked at him before pawing at his pant leg. Jack chuckled and kneeled down to ruffle the fur on her head.

"Alright, I'll give us ten minutes to build our forts! I'll set a timer on my phone. When it goes off, well, that's when the war begins. Got it?"

I nodded as Jack set the timer on his phone.

"GO!" He yelled before running off a ways away to build his fort. I scurried to get started on mine.

It seemed as if time was flying past because before I knew it the timer had gone off. I barely had a decent wall up! I had been more focused on making ammo. I peeked over my wall and saw Jack's massive wall. He must have spent all the time on it and my guess was that he has no ammo.

I carefully and quietly walked out from behind my small little wall. I had a few snowballs in hand as I slowly crept over to Jack's massive fort. I heard a small chuckle as I snuck around the back of the fort.

"FOR THE GLORY OF ARSTOTZKA!!!" Jack yelled before pelting me with snowballs.

"AAAAAHHHHH!" I screamed as I scurried back over to my fort where Chica was waiting. I laid on the ground panting as I blindly grabbed a few snowballs, using Chica's tail as a catapult to help me fire snowballs over to Jack's fort.

"Ah! Ya red-headed butt wipe!" Jack playfully yelled at me as I hit him square in the face.

The fight dragged on for another hour or so before we both got tired and cold and we went back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think I won." Jack proudly stated from inside his blanket burrito.

"I think you did too. When did you even learn to do that stuff?" I breathily asked as I tried to warm up next to the fireplace.

"I'm the reigning champ in my neighborhood back in Ireland! I've always had a knack for strategy and balls."

I laughed heartily at Sean's remark and I sat down next to the smol Irish roll. I ruffled his hair as he laughed. I smiled and laid down next to him.

"We'll start tomorrow on the whole "Do whatever the winner says for a week," m'kay?"

Jack nodded as he snuggled further into the blanket.

"But in the meantime, I'm gonna make some steaming hot chocolate!"