Sane

She sighed as she leaned against the sink, tired.. She had so much to do, and so little time. "What a waste.." She looked up through the window, once again witnessing the scenery, still she had no cares to give. She walked to the living room, as big as it was, it was all to small to her. She sat alone on the couch. There wasn't a TV, just a few books on a shelf. She didn't do much when it came to leisure, except follow her brother closely. Other then that.. she just would sit there. Thinking as always. Her mind trailed.

'Hmm... Brother. I wonder what he's doing right now. I miss him. I always miss him... Even when we're in the same room..

Even when we're talking...
I just... Miss him.. I... I miss his smile...
I miss the sound of his laughter, and the glare of innocence in his eyes! I... I'

She sat there with her eyes shut tight, an expression on her face almost showing emotion. While she had been in thought, Vlad had entered the room, she only realised this once she heard the sound of him pulling a book off the shelf. She opened her blue eyes looking to him questioningly. "..."
He smiled ever so slightly to her. "You've been awfully down more then usual lately... And I suppose it's because of the distance we are from your brother? Well--"
"If you are going to suggest we abandon the mission I won't persevere it."
"N-No! Not at all, I was just suggesting we push up the plans, so you can get back to Russia sooner?"
"I suppose I could.. it won't take to long anyways. I'm only here for a quick meeting with the quadrants, so it wouldn't be impossible to move the dates." She took a sigh.
"See! That's the spirit!" He looked to her with a smile of encouragement!

'Pushing up the meeting.. I suppose I could. I miss Russia, but it may not be the best idea.. infact, just the opposite. There would be an uproar with the quadrants... Their all expecting me to keep the schedules tight, and I doubt they'd be thrilled if they had to do the 'work' early.

Though on the other hand...

They'll listen to me, even if it catches their attitudes. Yes... We can make this work .'

Vlad sat down on a small stool by the shelf, cracking open his book. He was a book worm for the most part. He reads to keep sane, considering the world he lives in. It's his outlet.
Natalia spoke once more, this time her speech to another not being of a responding type nature. "The book. Haven't you already read that one?"
"Course, I've read all the books on this shelf...Some a few times over."
She just nodded, soon after standing up. "I'm going to arrange the meeting's new set date. Don't wait up on me."
Vlad just nodded back to her, peering back to his book.