Dosti? Or Pyaar?

Pyar dosti hai ... agar woh meri sab se achchi dost nahin ban sakti, to main usse kabhi pyar kar hi nahi sakta ... kyun ki dosti bina toh pyar hota hi nahin ... simple, pyar dosti hai

~ Sharukh Khan in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Alia P.O.V.

Varun was behaving very weirdly. All week he was jumpy and he avoided me. Then again, it could have been because I was kind of trying to avoid him.

I know I'm being ridiculous, there's really no reason for me to avoid Varun, I just need to make sure to not bring up that particular event. The only problem is that the only thing I'm able to think about just so happens to be the one thing I'm trying desperately to forget. When we're on set, it's easy enough to push the thoughts of the kiss to the back of my mind but, anytime we aren't busy, it's all that runs through my head. I can barely even look at Varun!

He's noticed, I know he has, but he hasn't said anything, not yet at least. I don't think it'll be long till he says something and I am absolutely dreading that conversation.

Varun P.O.V.

Alia's been behaving oddly. She was on edge all week and she's been avoiding me. Then again, it could have been because I was avoiding her.

I know I'm being stupid, there's no reason for me to keep away from Alia, I just need to make sure that a certain event does not come up in conversation. The only problem is that I can't think of anything else. When I'm doing a scene, I can shove the thoughts of the kiss aside but when my mind is unoccupied, it's all I can think of. I can't even look at Alia!

She's noticed, I know she has, but she hasn't said anything, not yet at least. She's going to bring it up soon though and I am not looking forward to that conversation.

Sid P.O.V.

Varun and Alia have been avoiding each other all week. They were both acting so strangely and I don't know why. It's like they were constantly nervous.

I know what Varun's issue is but I don't have a clue why Alia would be acting like this. It doesn't make sense. Those two are practically glued at the hip, for them to be purposely staying away from each other something big must have happened. They're alright when we're shooting scenes but the second we're off set it's like they both get lost in their own little worlds. I don't know what the hell they're thinking about or why they suddenly seem to have an inability to look at each other but they need to sort it out and fast.

I'm fairly certain Karan has noticed, he hasn't said anything till now but, if they don't sort it out soon, he's going too. I'm not sure that conversation will go so well.

Karan P.O.V.

Alia and Varun are giving me a headache! They're both acting all jumpy and nervous and they can't seem to manage to look each other in the eye. All week they've been avoiding each other and it's starting to annoy me. Up until last week, they were constantly together. They sat together between takes, sometimes they'd even share a chair if there weren't enough seats, ate together, and almost always spent their free time together, but now it's like they can't stand each other all of a sudden.

We're all so used to their filmi, almost couple-like behaviour that it's unnerving to see them like this. Even Sid is getting worried and he was always telling them to turn down the romantic behaviour. Something must have happened between them otherwise they wouldn't avoid each other like this. If it goes on much longer, I'm going to have to get them to talk.

Two Weeks Later

They still aren't talking and it's gotten to the point where Sid has asked me to get them to sort their shit out. I decided to try but before I could even go and talk to either of them, Alia came to me. 'Karan, do you have a minute?' she asked me one day after we'd finished.