Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Joseph’s P.O.V

“I’m the father of the baby! Are you pleased now?!” Phil blurted out. As soon as the words hit my ear, adrenaline ran through my body. Fist clenched tight, and made its way toward Phil’s perfectly sculpted jaw, and there I heard a crack. Mai stood in front of me with a red and angry face, eyebrows tied together.

“Tell Me! Is he the father of the baby?!” I gripped her shoulder and shook her constantly as she tried to shake her way out.

“Why does it matter to you? You’re not my boyfriend or anything!” Mai shouted back and the angry words pierced through my ears like needles.

“I care about you. I like you! If I don’t care about you then I wouldn’t be here by now” I ran over to Joseph and grasped the collar of his shirt and scrunched my fingers into a ball and aim it straight for his eye. Phil was now lying on the floor covering his eyes unconsciously. I was still not pleased! I wanted to rip his guts out and feed it to the dogs. How can he make her pregnant?! Doesn’t he know she’s mine?! Thoughts almost shouted in my mind and a sudden pain hit against my face, it was a sharp sting against my left cheek. I turned over to see Mai standing face to face with me, her hands rested on each side.

“Enough!” Mai yelled. “Get out!” I don’t want to see you!” Mai pointed towards the gate that locks up every apartment, but I just stood there stunned at her words.

“Let’s go” Adrianna grabbed my wrist and tried pulling me out but I just looked at Mai with tears in my eyes. How can she? How can she treat me like this?

“If you don’t go then I will call the police” Phil leaned against the wall huffing, and Adrianna pushed me out of the gate and onto the sidewalk. I stood at the end of the side walk looking hopelessly at the cars passing by, and Adrianna stood near me silently with no words.

“Mai is just a floozy, she doesn’t care about anything and goes out with guys like that” Adrianna interrupted the silence and I squinted my eyes looking at anger.

“You’re fired” I said and then I walked towards the bus sitting on the cushion seat as the long way drive home became lonely and sad. I looked out the window and old memories flooded into my mind. When I was sick she took care of me and we had a lot of happy moments together. When we were at the island, and I swam back, she was worried about me and came to my rescue no matter what the consequences we may face. She has always been by my side to share my sorrows and joy. Why aren’t I there for her? Why do I always hurt her like this? I’m such a jerk!

Mai’s P.O.V.

I hate him. I hate Joseph, he’s a moron. He didn’t let me explain and starts taking action on Phil. I will never forgive him. I sat on the couch rolling an egg on Phil’s eye. It was dark black and purple.

“Are you okay?” I asked rolling the egg gently on his eyelid,

“I don’t look ok huh?” Phil smiled.

“I hate him, he just has to go hurt you” I said in anger and Phil almost flinched,

“Don’t hate it’s not his fault for liking you” Phil answered,

“Like me? Like I believe it” I replied.

“Why not?” Phil asked me and I gave him a look,

“I swear if he said he likes me I would slap him. He made out with a girl in front of my face and didn’t bother thinking about his actions. If I wasn’t there I wouldn’t know what he would do next! He doesn’t care about my feelings” I cried and handed Phil the egg as I went to go pick up the phone. Samar entered the house with a smile on her face as she saw Phil, she threw herself into his arms like a best friend who hasn’t seen each other in years, and that was true. I pick up the phone and a deep voice answered, the caller ID was Ruby which was weird because she has never called me before.