Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Normal. P.O.V.

“Hey dude, why are you still keeping her here?” Fire Head asked, (another one of Big Dog’s underlings)

“We keep her, so later on we can have a trade with them again when we’re in need of money” Tiny Squirrel answered with a grin, looking at Samar.

“But, last time they gave us fake cash! We should finish her now!” Fire Head shouted and Tiny Squirrel looked at him,

“Whoever who knows how to play the game always has patience. Take good care of her and the baby, Mark might want to come back for her” Tiny Squirrel said as he walked out the room.

“Let go of me! Mark will never come!” Samar cried and the door closed behind the guys. She has been stuck in the dark room for some time now with one meal each evening. Time passed by quickly and her baby is growing much faster. Through a little window on one wall she can see birds flying through fields of yellow grass, once the grass turn yellow she would know fall is coming. The holidays are coming and Christmas is near.

“Baby, I guess we will spend the cold winter without daddy” Samar replied looking at the soon to be born infant in her tummy. It was getting much rounder, growing each day. Samar hope the baby would come out healthy and look like his/her dad, brave and bold. Strong and daring.

“Time to eat” A man opened the door and put a plate of food on the floor before him and left with the doors locked behind him. Samar quickly grabbed the plate and examined what was the meal of the day. It was the old usual meals, nothing has changed. Crusty cold bread, a mini carton of water, corns, and unbaked beans. Samar pushed the plate to the side with dislikes. Then she looked at her growling tummy.

“Even if I don’t need to eat. The baby needs to be full” Samar sighed grabbing the bread and taking a hard bite off of it.  Then she chewed the beans up and swallowed it roughly.  The food didn’t go down as well as she thought it would be and so she turned her body leaning forward ninety degrees and threw up a whole bunch of what she had eaten before.

“This is awful, I’m throwing up more each day” Samar replied sadly as she took a seat on the chilly floor.

“Baby, you better be fine in there. Mommy is going through a lot because of you” Samar smiled and rubbed her belly. Time has passed by in a blink of an eye and Samar’s belly is getting more visible each day, being as round as a basketball. It was winter, raining was pouring down outside and Samar is hugging herself to keep her body temperature. There were no blankets in the room and absolutely no warmth whatsoever. Samar had to pass through each day staring at four walls like prison, seeing the sunrise in the morning and set at night was relieving but whenever she thinks of Mark. A tear would silently slip out of her eyes.

“Mark where are you now? Do you still hate me?” Samar asked herself as she peeked out the window looking at the dancing rain on the dirt. The black clouds took over the sky with dark impressions and all the birds tried to keep its family under a big tree. Samar looked at the family of birds trying to keep heat in one tiny nest and it brings her the thought of her own future family. Mark, me and the baby will have our own little home. I would take care of the kids and he would go to work, when he comes home, dinner would be ready. In the winter we would all huddle beside a fire and watch a movie or read a story together. It would never come true, he dislikes me now. The last words we ever said to each other were cold and cruel. Samar sighed deeply as more tears ran down her cheeks. Days passed into weeks and weeks turned to months, there was still no call from Big Dog’s gang, and Christmas is coming up.

Joseph’s P.O.V.

“Its has been months and I still have not heard from Samar” Mai said walking down the street holding my hand.