Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Normal P.O.V

                Samar just finished work for the day and Mark appeared surprisingly wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Did you miss me?” Mark whispered into Samar’s ear making her giggle.

“Maybe, lets go up to your bedroom to talk before your dad finds out” Samar suggested and walked hand in hand with Mark up to his bedroom closing it, but forgot to lock the door. Mark held her in his arms right away smiling like a bright sun.

“Can you promise me not to like another girl?” Samar asked gazing at Mark’s dark eyes,

“No” Mark answered shockingly.

“Hmph, so you do like another girl” Samar groaned and pushed Mark away.

“Yeah, and she will look like us, because she will be our daughters and son” Mark smiled and pulled Samar back into his grip and her face lit up right away.

“Who said I will give you a daughter or son?” Samar smiled sweetly,

“I said so” Mark pulled her in as close as they could get, and he presses his lips against her gently at first, and then she went with the flow. His hand slowly moves towards her hip and she slowly lifts his chin higher. They take it slowly at first and then it becomes more aggressive. Samar parted and looked into his eyes taking a deep breath,

“What if your dad finds out about us?” Samar asked,

“He won’t” Mark leaned in again and took her breath away. He ran his hands up and down her back holding her tightly in his arms. Suddenly from the door creaked open slowly revealing a shocking image and Mark and Samar let go of each other right away.

Mai’s P.O.V.

                Tonight he will have the surgery! He will have the surgery tonight! I can’t wait! I jumped up and down outside the patient’s room as I waited for Joseph to finish his last check up for the day and then he will be ready to have the surgery. I have the sudden urge to tell everyone so the first person that popped into my mind was Samar. I reached my hands into my pocket and dialed Samar’s phone number. A few rings arrived and she still didn’t pick up and the next thing I know was that I was sent to her voice mail, but that was okay I can call Mark to let him know that his brother is getting his sight back. It repeats and Mark didn’t pick up; Maybe Mark and Samar are having their romantic moment. So I decided to call their dad and this time after like two rings he pick up,

“Mr. Henderson? Joseph is getting his sight surgery tonight” I excitedly said,

“Oh really?” Mister Henderson asked surprisingly,

“Yeah, if the surgery is a success then he can see the light again... but” I trailed off to the negative thoughts.

“But what?” He asks,

“But, if the operation fails then he might not. No I mean he will never have a chance of seeing again” I answered quietly and I can hear Mr. Henderson gave a groan and in the background I can hear a woman sobbing. I wonder what’s going on.

“We’ll be right there, which hospital again?” He asked,

“Jeff Irefully hospital” I answered and hung up. As soon as I put the phone back in my pockets Joseph came out of the room. He was now changed into a blue suit ready for the operation with a plastic cover on his head.

“I have to go in two hours” Joseph replied worriedly as he entwined his fingers with mine. I can feel his warm hands against my soft skin.

“You will be alright. Your dad will be here in a minute, everyone believes that you can make it through this. One of the wonderful colors of life is to have faith in you. God is always by your side” I replied softly holding his hands back and walked down the hallway.

“If you believe that I can make it through then you have to wait for me. I want you to be the first person I see” Joseph smiled as he held up a pinky for promises. Again?! He must be obsessed with these pinky promises type.

“I promise” I pinky promised him and we both sat down smiling at each other and try to use time preciously as possible. Two hours passed and right at that minute the doctors came in to take him to the operation room on a bed and Mister Henderson still hasn’t come yet. Even when he was lying on the bed and the doctors were moving him inside the room he still hasn’t let go of my hands, his eyes were longing for me to stay with him but I can’t so I slowly let go and wish him luck. I stood outside the room as the sign of the operation room light went on and I sat down. About half an hour later, Mark, and his dad arrived at the hospital asking me about Josephs condition and I told them everything. They walked back and forth In the hallway making me dizzy so I decided to look out the window and a figure caught my eye. It was of a petite girl sitting on the bench crunching up on her stomach and sobbing. I looked over at Mark and he kept staring out at the window as if there was diamonds outside. Could something be going on?