Chapter 1

My name is Akiko Amane, I'm a 19 year old jounin. When i was seven years old, the nine-tailled fox attacked our village, the village hidden in the leaves, my mother and my father fought against it along with other people. Unfortunately my mother ended up losing her life. At that moment my father, took me and my newborn sister and flee with the thirds hokage's permission of course. We had to move to a different village. I remember myself asking my father, where was my mother and he told me she would catch up with us. He was lying. We moved to the hidden sand village, but things weren't okay there. Everyday i would wait for my mother to arrive, but that day never came. I was around 12 when my father finally told me what fate my mother faced, it was the time i graduated my genin exams. Years passed and i started getting used to this new life, although i could never forget the place i was born. I had told myself that i'd move there when i'll turn eighteen, but luck wasn't on my side. I was begging my dad to take me and Masako, my little sister, back to the village, but he was always refucing, until one day, a few weeks ago.

-Flashback-

"Akiko!" My father yelled my name as he entered the house. I was in the kitchen preparing some lunch. Surprised as i was, i went to see what he wanted.

"What is wrong?" I asked. I noticed a small paper on his hands. He motioned me to read it. I quickly cleaned my hands on a towel and took it. As i started reading my eyes widen. Someone was threatening him. They said that they would murder me and Masako, if he didn't go to the place they told him. My father used to have many enemies from different villages. He was a great ninja, but now he's old and he had injured his leg when he fought with the nine-tailled fox. He's unable to do any jutsu at this point. "What are we going to do?" I asked him. "Masako's graduation is next week, we can't leave." I informed him. "Akiko, we don't have another choice. I sent a message to the third hokage at the village hidden in the leaves. He's response was positive. We are welcomed to go back. And Masako can graduate there." He told me. "Is that even possible?" I asked surprised. "Yes! Now hurry and start packing, they will be sending some jounins to help us get back." My father commanded. Without losing any time i went to tell Masako to start packing. She was confused but i explained with short details the situation. I'm finally getting back to my village, although i never wanted to go back under these circumstances.

_end of flashback_

The day had finally arrived. We had packed almost everything. Our mission was to leave at night so we wouldn't be noticed. Four jounins had just arrived and were helping us with our stuff. "Mr. Tsuyoshi!" One of the jounins said as he approached. "Iruka! How long has it been!" My father said happily and hugged that guy. "It's so nice to see you!" Iruka said as he let go of the hug. "Where's Akiko?" It can't be! I approached them slowly, i looked at his face. "Iruka!" I smiled and hugged him tight! Iruka and i used to play together when we were little. He's older than me of course, but we had so much fun. "Akiko! Oh my god! You grew up a lot!" He said and checked me out. "You too! I wouldn't recognize you if i hadn't heard your name." I admitted. Another Jounin approached us and told us that we are ready to leave. I was walking next to Iruka, we were remembering the good old days. "Remember that one time when we were playing ninja and you tried to climb a tree and fell down?" He said while laughing. "Hey, my hands were too small, okay?" I laughed too. "Who is that guy?" Masako asked my dad. "That guy used to be Akiko's friend, back when she was around seven." Father explained. "How come i don't remember him?" She continued. "You had just been born." Father said and smiled. "Oh, now i get it." She said and smiled. "So Masako." Iruka called her. She looked at him shocked, she didnt think he would talk to her. "You're graduating as a genin the day after tomorrow right?" He smiled at her. "Yes, as a matter of fact, i am." She smiled proudly. "If you started in our academy i would be your sensei." He said. So he's a sensei as well, that's good.