Chapter 6

"Nice flower." Lauren said when she returned and saw the red rose. "Do you have a secret admirer?"

"No, just from a fan." You lied and put the note from Camila in your back pocket.

Lauren simply nodded. "So I thought you and I could go out for breakfast? There is this cute place around the corner and it might be nice, you know, just you and me."

"Ooorrr we could order room service and watch movies all day?" You suggested. Lauren's smile turned into a frown but she nodded nevertheless.

"I guess we could, is there a reason why?" She wondered, her eyes piercing into yours while you tried to come up with a good reason for not wanting to go outside. You weren't typically a morning person but around Lauren you often put in the effort.

You thought for a second. "It's early and I don't want to be seen by paparazzi. Regina planned a few interviews soon and I don't wanna be asked if I switched girl band members." You half smiled at the other girl. She nodded again but you could see the obvious disappointment in her eyes. You felt Camila's card burn in your pocket. You weren't lying to her. As long as you kept repeating that to yourself.

"You know, you're totally right. It's quite annoying to see the stupid rumors and those pictures. We'll order room service. Do you have a menu here?" Lauren spoke, clearly having seen your guilt written face. You handed her the menu while still being lost in your own thoughts.

Were you doing something wrong? Not really, right? You weren't fucking Camila behind Lauren's back and even if you were technically that was none of her business. Then why did hiding the card feel so wrong? Why did it feel like you needed to fess up? Because you knew it hurt her more if she heard from someone else, like Camila. And what the hell did Camila mean with repaying you? Why was everything so complicated since you met the girls? So many questions going through your head.

You looked up to see Lauren staring at you. "Did you say something?" You asked shyly.

Lauren giggled softly. "Yes, I was wondering what you wanted." She repeated herself.

"Whatever you're having." You answered with a wave of your hand. Food wasn't on your mind right now. You weren't in the least bit hungry.

About half an hour later you and Lauren were sitting on the bed. Food in front of you. Lauren was telling you a story about something that happened with her friends in the amusement park after you had left. But it was hard for you to focus. How did you politely tell her that you don't give a fuck?

"Look, Lauren, it's been awesome hanging out with you but Regina booked me a studio today so I probably should get ready." You took the empty plates from off the bed.

Lauren quickly got up too. "Yeah, I understand. Will I see you tomorrow?"

She sounded so hopeful but you needed some time. "I don't know yet, maybe." You tried your best to not seem like you wanted her out but Camila had gotten under your skin and you didn't think hanging out with Lauren was gonna make you feel any better about that.

Lauren nodded and a minute or so later you closed the door behind her. You sighed and closed your eyes. Quite a love triangle you were cut up in.

---------------

A/N: So this one is really short but I didn't really know what to write. I'm figuring things out when you are. I'm very sorry for the short and filler chapter and I hate it but I hope you guess don't. I wanted to already give you something because I took such a long hiatus but from now on there will be more chapters coming.

Secondly I've been asked by my teacher to compete in a writing competition. So if you wanna check that out, it's on a website called Sweek and it's called "Wake Up!" https://web.sweek.com/#/story/BwMKBABsCAUFBwgJAwEFB2YCCw==

Lastly I just want to thank all you guys for not giving up on this story even after I already did. You guys are the reason I write and I love you guys for it. I know this chapter sucks but I promise there will be way better chapters very soon. I finally got some time on my hands to actually do stuff I like.

Love you, all!!!!!