Chapter 7

"Can we re-do the chorus? Just one more time?" You asked from the recording booth. Seconds later you heard the, by now, familiar music in the headphones. For the past few days you had been writing new songs for your next album.

You started singing the words on the sheet in front of you but noticed quickly that it just didn't work. Halfway through the chorus you just stopped making a single sound and took off the headphones. You left the booth and joined the rest of the team. You started writing on the printed sheet of paper but would scratch every new word within seconds.

"What if you just shorten the second sentence?" Simon suggested. Simon was a brand new producer on the label. He was the only one in the room that hadn't worked with you before. You looked up at him with a frown. "I mean, you don't have to, I was just trying to help." He stuttered.

You looked back at the lyrics. "That's it." You muttered and started scratching words. "Everyone ready? I have a good feeling about this one. Let's hope I'm right so we can get some lunch." You went back to the booth. By the time you placed the headphones on the music was already playing. You started singing again and for the first time it didn't sound like shit.

"Sweetheart, I think we got it." You heard Regina's voice in the headphones. She wasn't supposed to be there. You practically ran to the other room.

"Hi, Regina." You cooed. A smile on your face. "What are you doing here?"

"My husband, Dave, had to go to a meeting or something so I had some free time, I thought I'd check up on my favorite artist." She spoke calmly. "And she's doing great. That sounds amazing."

"You don't have to check up on me. You could have stayed in LA. I would have send the songs as soon as they were finished. You know this." You looked at her curiously.

Regina was checking her phone but put it away when she noticed your stare. "I know I don't need to check up on you but I had to get away from home and you know how much I hate doing nothing. This way I feel like I have purpose."

You looked her up and down. "Okay, well we're taking a break, wanna join us for lunch?" You asked nicely.

She shook her head. "I already had lunch. Don't worry about it though, I'll check out what you've been doing over the past few days." She replied.

"Okay well, all the audio files are on that laptop." You pointed at the computer. "And we'll be back before you know it."

"I can't help that I'm irresistible." You jokingly responded. You and your colleagues sat on a table by the window. The table was stacked with fries and burgers and everything unhealthy.

"And you have your eye on this one girl." Alex said with her mouth filled with fries. You raised your eyebrows. "And that girl just saw you through the window. I think she's on her way inside." She continued.

At her words you first looked out the window and then towards the door. There was no one. "Ha ha, funny." You threw a fry at your friend.

"I'm not joking." She protested and the door opened.

Camila walked to your table. "Hey, Y/N. I haven't heard from you in a while. Didn't you get the flower?"

"Flower? You never mentioned a flower." Nick looked at you almost shocked.

"Are you keeping secrets from us, Y/N?" Oliver asked while wiping away at his eyes, as is he was crying. "I thought we were closer than that."

In the mean time, Alex and Timothy were cracking up and Camila and Simon looked uncomfortable.

"Come." You whispered and dragged Camila away from the group. Once you were far enough away from the group you spoke up: "Sorry, I've been busy. Third album and all." You avoided eye contact.

"That's okay. I just missed you." She sounded shy. The two of you were silent for a while. "Was the flower a bit much? Maybe I shouldn't have but I just wanted to thank you. Oh God, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. I should have, I don't know, called or something. I shouldn't have left a stupid flower." Camila rambled and you couldn't help but smile.

"It was a nice flower, Camila." You assured her. She stopped talking. "I have to get back to the studio in a bit but maybe we can meet up after?"

"Sounds great, text me when and where and I'll be there." You nodded and turned around.

-----------------------
A/N: Sorry for never updating, I just get really distracted all the time. I will try to update more often but I really can't promise anything. For those of you sticking around. THANK YOU!!!!

Love you all!