Chapter 2

Kaz's POV.
I'll admit, Chase was my best friend, besides Oliver of course, but I have known Oliver longer, so...anyway. And even though I so badly wanted to be his assistant, I felt like I needed to tell someone. But if I told anyone else, they would tell Douglas. Everything was fine during the day, with the exception of Chase running a fever and seeming a bit tired, but during the night, he basically threw up his entire stomach. I would keep trying to convince him to tell someone, but he just refused. So I decided to keep it secret. I walked into our bedroom and saw Chase taking a nap on the couch. I noticed that there were small beads of sweat on his forehead. I may not know much, but I know that isn't good. I grabbed the thermometer and put it in his mouth. After it beeped, I pulled it out and saw that it was 102.3. I looked down at my sleeping friend. He must feel terrible. Suddenly the mission alert went off. Deciding not to panic everyone, I shook Chase awake.
"Sleepy." Chase muttered as he swatted my hand away.
"Dude, mission alert. Come on." I said.
Then he woke up and got into his capsule. I changed into mine and we both went downstairs.
"Hey guys." Bree said.
I grabbed my phone and started to play a rock intro. Then I sang in a high pitch voice.
"Elite Force!"
Bree and Chase looked at me weirdly.
"Don't ever do that again." Bree said.
I put my phone back in my pocket just as Skylar and Oliver came down the stairs.
"Let's go!" Chase yelled as we ran out the door.
The mission site.
We were evacuating people from a burning building while Oliver was using his cyclone fingers to put it out and Bree was using her speed to get rid of the smoke. Chase was using his molecular kinsiese to hold up parts of the building so Skylar and I could get the people who were trapped out. Halfway through the mission, I could tell Chase wasn't feeling well. He was slightly green and exhausted. After we got some kids out, I pretended to hear a scream.
"There are more people over there! Chase and I will take care of these ones! Skylar, join Bree with her super speed to created a vacuum effect! Oliver, keep spraying the fire!" I yelled as Chase and I ran to where those fake kids were. As soon as we were out of Bree's, Skylar's and Oliver's vision, Chase collapsed to the ground and started vomiting again.
"How dude? You haven't eaten hardly anything since last night. How?" I asked.
Chase just kept vomiting on the ground and ignoring my question, not that he could answer it though. After he was done, I handed him a tissue I had in my pocket so he could clean up.
"Thanks." Chase said.
"As soon as we get back, you need to tell Douglas. You are getting worse man." I explained as I helped Chase off the ground.
"I'm fine. And we will not tell Douglas. He may be my uncle, but he doesn't need to know. It's probably just a bug that'll be gone in a few days." Chase explained.
"I thought he was your dad." I said.
"He is, but he isn't." Chase said.
"Huh?" I asked.
"I'll tell you when we get back." Chase said as he started walking towards them again, but started vomiting again.
"You know that you puke, get a small break and puke again. Why can't you figure that out?" I asked as I walked over to him and sighed.
"I thought that I was done." Chase managed to get out before vomiting more.
"That's what you thought last time. And the time before." I explained as I sighed and knelt down beside him.
After a few more minutes, Chase seemed done, so we went back to the team.
"What took you so long?" Skylar demanded as she crossed her arms.
"We, uh, couldn't find the people. And then, uh, we learned that fire, does not help, put out fires." I explained.
"You are lying." Oliver said.
"I'm not lying." I defended.
"I've known you for years, you are lying." Oliver said.
I was about to come clean when Chase suddenly said.
"There was no people. My bionic hearing glitched. That's all." He said.
"Maybe you should get Douglas to check that out. Your hearing doesn't normally do that anymore." Bree explained.
"Yeah, I'll talk to him when we get back." Chase said.
"Speaking of which, we should probably get home." I said.
"Got it, grab on Chase." Bree said.
"What about the rest of us?" I asked.
"You can fly." Bree said in a "duh" tone.
"Oh. I forgot about that. Race you to the penthouse!" I yelled as I flew into the air.
"You didn't even let us get ready!" I heard Oliver yell.
Well guys, I hope you liked this chapter just as much as the last one, I wasn't gonna post this until 10:00 tonight, but AcroAng changed my mind with the amazing review! So thank you!
Over and out.
Susz13.