7

Cole immediately looked at Jay. He stared at his motionless expression. "But, Jay... You-You just" And there was another blank statement. 

"I must be losing my mind..." Cole thought.

He just grasped Jay's hand tight, tears rained down his eyes.

Then there was another movement of Jay, but it wasn't Jay. Cole slowly looked up. It was a translucent form of Jay. hovering over his body.

"Jay!? What!?" Cole exclaimed.

"I-I Cole... Why...?" It said, the voice raspy from recent doings.

"Jay, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should've never wanted to cause you pain. Destiny conspired against me to drive the nail between us, and I all I want now is this burden to be lifted."  Cole said. 

The raspy voice said, "Let god forgive you... I will never be able to..." 

Jay's transparent specter then said, "I'll never believe in you again... I'll never forgive... Those things you said to me. My only relief is dead and gone. I will never forsake myself again." He hovered over to Cole closer, "You never want to hurt me you claim, then, you must of closed your eyes when I had cried. 

Cole looked down. Joseph walked in. "Cole...? Who are you talking to?'

Cole then muttered, "Jay... I've hurt him... I've killed him. I might as well been the one to drive the bullet into him, instead I used my self pity and anger to tie around his neck."

Joseph said nothing, "It pains you that you'll never see him again..." 

"What...? What do you mean he's right next to me?" Cole sniffled.

Joseph, "He's on the bed."

"No he's right here." Cole protested. 

Joseph looked at him funny and said, "Just tell me when your, ready... I guess...?" and then left.

"Why is it, he can't see you?" Cole asked coldly.

"Because," Jay said kneeling down to Cole, holding his face. "You are a ghost too..."

Jay then said, "But you were transferred into one. You look normal... however I-" 

"You don't need to say it!?" Cole cried. They were both silent. A cool wind blew through the window.

"Do you hate me...?" Cole asked.

Jay said nothing. 

"Considering the circumstances... I loved you..." He said,

"I love you so much then I was crushed. What do you think?" 

Cole's head went down.

"I have never done anything wrong, but care for you, and have a crush on you. But you antagonized me for it..." Jay said.