Chapter 1- Ready 4 2day???

HAIIIIII! This is my first story :-/. LoL its probably LAMMEEEEEE, but meh! Radom Hunger Games fan fic, about the days before Katniss and Peeta and that lot.... This is set in District 11, in the 2050-60s, where America went down the hill. SO...YEH! Hope you enjoy!!!

My phone pinged. I forced my eyes open.  'URGH". I groaned, reached forward and picked it up.  

Sophie : Ready 4 2day?

I quickly replied... 'Shut up dude. Srsly'

Today is when the riots will start in Washington. The population hasn't been overly impressed with the way the president has been running the Country, so they are all going to start fighting back. People think that he is going to turn it into more of a Communist Prison, than a Socialist Republic.  My parents are taking part in these 'Peaceful Protests' ... they hate the president. Sooo much. I am going to stay in today. I'm not getting involved. Ever.

~

I dragged myself out of bed pulled on some clothes. Lemme correct myself.   I pulled on the clothes. The same old clothes that I always wear every single day. I have no choice. We all wear the same. Its part of a new "Equality Regime" , meaning that everyone is issued with the same clothes, and that is all that they can wear. There is no standing out. We must all look the same. No-one tries looking different. God knows what would happen if we did that.  No one must wear anything cheaper or more expensive. Except Mr. President. He gets to wear whatever he wants. Suits, t-shirts, different colours, anything. His outfits cost $1000s. No one questions it.  I get to wear red and white striped baggy t-shirt, with some hideous blue tracksuit bottom things. In honour of the country, they say. They are disgustingly hideous, I say. But no one cares what I think.

I check if I have any more texts.

Nope. I mean, why would they anyway? I bet you anything that everyone is probably staring at their TV screens, if they are not occupied in Washington themselves. Thatse what I’ll be doing today, watching TV, no matter how much I don’t want to. Without seeming like an old idiot, It’s the only thing I really can do.

After doing all of the morning rituals, I climb down the stairs. I glance out of the window, and I am greeted with a sight of nothing. My neighbourhood, but empty. No people, and no cars. The sight depresses me.

~

My parents left yesterday. They had planned it all in advance, and we had it all arranged. It was one night and one day alone, and they would be back. We would text all the time. It would all be perfect. And then they left. They took the bus to the capital, along with a lot of people in our neighbourhood.

Everyone on the bus was all of the middle aged. It was a strange sight. Grown ups going to protest? Since when has that happened? But still, that was the way it was. The kids and grandparents stayed home. We seem to have no place among the people protesting.

Still, there were a few late-teens and early twenties went, though they have no idea what the old days where like. Like it was before. The times my parents want to come back. But we all know that they never will. No matter what we do. All we can do is make it worse.

Do you like it? Read, Vote and Follow, if you do! More coming I promise (I'm working on chapter 2 <3 !)