{ten}

[Sean's P.O.V]
I blink and I stop falling. I blink once more and once I open my eyes.... Wait. I can't. It's like their glued shut. Now I can't move.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I hear sniffling then a long silence.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I still can't open my eyes or move but I still can feel my surroundings and hear. I'm in a bed. Quite cold actually. Then I hear someone speak.

"Nine."

I shoot my eyes open and sit up on a bed. I'm in a hospital room. I look around and see a man sitting in a chair next to me staring at me with puffy eyes and fresh tears sliding down his face. He just stares at my like I just told him he won the lottery. His mouth slowly closes and forms into a smile. He begins to cry more (still smiling) and stands up. I turn my whole body to look at him. I'm still confused.

Next thing I know, he is hugging me with a ton of force. He lets out a few sobs and says "I-I missed y-you so much S-Sean." He pulls away and sits down on my bed next to my legs. He looks at me and I look at him. I don't know who he is. Once he realizes my confused look, he puts a hand on my shoulder. I slowly push his hand off of my shoulder and look at him. "Ok, why am I in a hospital and who are you?"

He freezes. He looks away with defeat in his eyes. "How could this happen...?" He says. I though he was talking to my so I said "I have no idea what's going on right now or who you are so please explain to me!"

He looks back up at me. "What is the last thing that you remember?" I think back and I realize that I don't remember much of anything. "The last thing that I remember is me and Felix sharing our first kiss, getting ice cream, and then him taking me home. The very last thing I remember is falling asleep with a little teddy bear he gave me." I smile as I remember that moment but it quickly fades as I realize that I don't see him in the room. "Wait, where is Felix? If I'm in the hospital then that means that he should...." Memories start flooding back. "Oh."

"What?" The man looks at me with hope in his eyes. "Do you remember more?" He's smiling like an idiot. I show anger at him and he looks scared and sad. I look down at my hands. "Yeah I do remember more." I snap at him. "I still don't know who you are but I do remember Felix breaking up with me." I try to only feel anger but I can't hold back a single tear that falls down my face. I wipe that tear and sniffle.

"Now as I said," I look back at the man who still looks sad. "who are you?"

He sighs. "Here." He scoots closer to me and moves his face closer to mine. I blush, suddenly realizing that this man is very cute. "Maybe this will refresh your memory." He puts a hand on my head and pulls me into a kiss.

Every memory starts flooding back. The bathroom. The kisses. The swings. The game of tag. The letter. The texts. The sadness and the happiness. Everything.

The kiss ends and I look up at the beautiful chocolate brown eyes that I've loved ever since I first saw them and smiled. "Mark." Mark smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen on him. Even bigger than when I said yes to him asking me out. He smashed another kiss into my face which pushed me back so I was laying on the bed.

Our lips moved perfectly together like they were meant for each other. Mark lightly licked my bottom lip asking for permission to explore my mouth. I granted permission and he slipped his tongue in my mouth. Our tongues danced in sync as we both enjoyed this kiss. Eventually we pulled apart and starred at each other, smiling and panting.

If only we knew that we only had eight kisses left to share with each other.

If only.
If only.