Getting Settled

I walked in to the library. "Ginger! I haven't seen you in a while, how are you" The Librarian asked me as I dusted the snow off my coat. I dropped my coat behind the desk and sat down in her spinney desk chair. "I'm good thanks." I smiled. "Miss, This is Alex. He's new. Today is his first day." Mrs White smiled at Alex. "You need a card don't you" she asked. Alex looked at me really confused. "Every student has a card" I explained. "Your parents put money on to your card via ParentPay or using the machines round the school buildings. You use the card to buy your lunch, and stationary from here." I ran my finger down the stationary draws. Alex nodded. "Okay Dokey" Mrs White went over to the big cupboard. "So" Alex said looking round. "you work here." I nodded. I liked working here. I had a warm place to go in winter, and I got biscuits. "I do yes, I've worked here since year 8." Mrs White came back. "Right." She handed Alex the card. "Write your full name on the back of there for me" She handed Alex a fat marker pen. he handed her the card and pen back. "Ginger you know how to hook them up to the system don't you?" I nodded and she handed me that card. I linked Alex's card up to his name on the system. "Ok, to make sure nobody can take your card and use your money you need a card password." I explained. "All it is is a 4 digit number that protects your card" I handed him the keypad. "There" I said as his account appeared on the small screen in front of me.

2 Days Later *Bell Rings*

Everyone flooded out of the classroom desperate to get home "Wow I hate English" Alex said as we left  English. "How are you getting home" I asked? He sighed. "walking" He replied. I nodded my head. "Same here, where do you live?" I asked. Secretly hoping he lived at least in the same direction as me. I hated walking alone. "Brantingham" he replied. I could have died. I live on the direct outskirts of Brantingham. "Can I walk home with you?" I asked hopefully. he laughed. "Of course" He said, and we set off.

"Alex" Yelled someone from behind us. Just ignore them he said. "Alex" they yelled again. Alex ignored them and just carried on talking to me. "ALEX" They screamed at the back of our heads. He swung his head round. "What?" he yelled. Turns out it was Kayla. "Why are you walking with Blondie?" Alex gritted his teeth. "A) Ginger has a NAME and B) I am walking with GINGER because she isn't horrible to people like you are." 

Hi,

I just wanna say other than me I have 2 reads now. THANKS. P.s I will always try to update but we have really bad internet. So bear with. Comments please.

S xx