Chapter One

~Chase's POV~
I was floating around Hyperion in my hologram form. I would choose my physical form but Hugo is looking for me. I turned a corner and ran into someone.

"Chase!" Rhys called my name.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying any attention." I smiled.

"I've been looking for you for the past hour. Hugo has been wanting to talk to you."

"And now you know why you haven't been able to find me in the past hour," I said. Rhys chuckled and smiled. He grabbed my arm and we went to see Vaughn. Rhys is the only one who can touch me when I'm a hologram. He's also the person who created me.

"Rhys, Chase, how's it going?" Yvette greets us. Vaughn was right behind her. I floated behind him.

"Boo!" I shouted in his ear. He screamed like a girl and ran into the wall. Yvette, Rhys, and I were dying of laughter.

"Holy crap Chase! I hate when you do that!" He yelled while shaking.

"It's your fault for making it too easy to scare you," I commented. An announcement came over the speaker and it was asking Rhys and I to head to Henderson's office.

"Let's go," Rhys said and grinned. I flew ahead of him and opened the door. I poked my head through the other side of the wall and saw Hugo shaking. He must think there's a ghost. Hugo cleared his throat when he saw Rhys. We were wondering why he was in Henderson's office.

Rhys sat down in front of Hugo. I hovered above Rhys. He's used to me doing this. After all, we've been together for eight years. While Hugo was looking out the window, we saw Henderson float into view.

"Oh my god..." I muttered and covered my mouth with one of my hands. Rhys wore a shocked expression.

"I couldn't have timed that any better," Hugo said. He approached Rhys and sat on the edge of his desk. Turns out, Hugo murdered Henderson and took his position.

"I respect you, Rhys. That's why I'm gonna make you Assistant... Vice... Janitor," Hugo said. He started laughing.

"You can't do that to me!!" Rhys went to punch Vasquez but ended up being punched in the face. He flew back into the chair and fell on the ground.

"Are you okay?" I ask. His nose was bleeding.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said.

"Im your boss now, Rhys. You do what I say when I say it. And you're coming with me," Vasquez said while looking at me. He reached a hand out and tried to grab me. Of course, it went right through me. I laughed at his stupidity.

"You're an idiot and Rhys deserves this position! You killed Henderson!!" I shouted while helping Rhys up.

"I'll change your coding if I have to get you to obey me!!" Hugo shouted at me.

"Don't....touch her," Rhys said while trying to keep his balance.

"The only way for you to change her code is if she lets you." Rhys brushed himself off and we left the office. Hugo was grumbling and grunting when we left.

"Hey! How did it go?" Vaughn asked as if he didn't hear a thing. Rhys' face was contorting with anger. I saw a trash can and I could tell he wanted to kick it.