Chapter Three

~Chase's POV~

The billboard behind us broke and two people flew through it. I quickly turn into a hologram and scanned the bigger one. His name is Bossanova.

"Are they with you?" Rhys asked August.

"I was about to ask the same thing," August said and glared at Rhys.

"Who are they?" Vaughn asked. We all took cover and watched what happened. Bossanova comes to a stop in his car right in the middle of the room. Another person joins them. I scanned him and got his name. Zero, the one I just scanned, is after Bossanova for something. Bossanova spots the briefcase of money and takes it. He drives off and disappears. Zero kills a few psychos as Rhys, Vaughn, and I run out.

"What just happened?" Rhys asked. The money was gone and we still were confused.

"Let's get out of here!" Rhys screamed and ran off. Vaughn and I followed him.

"Hey!!" August shouted and started shooting at us.

"Why is he shooting at us?!" Vaughn asked while running.

"Don't know. Let's not stop and ask him!" I shouted back.

"Over there!" Rhys pointed to a caravan. Vaughn and I run behind him. They were about to get in when I stopped them.

"What about the people who own this?" I ask.

"Who cares! We need to get out of here!" Rhys said.

"They're trying to steal our caravan!" A voice shouted. I saw Sasha and a girl I've never seen before.

"Let's just get out of here!" Sasha shouted at the girl. Both girls shove Rhys and Vaughn into the caravan. I stood there in shock as they drove off. Rhys was at the door banging on it. I could tell he was yelling my name.

"What just happened?"

~Rhys' POV~

I banged on the door and called Chase's name. She had a look of shock and confusion on her face. As the caravan sped up, she disappears.

"Stop banging on the door!" Sasha yells.

"We need to go back! Turn this thing around!" I shouted at them.

"What's your problem?!" Fiona got up in my face.

"We left Chase back there! Who knows what'll happen to her!!" I yelled in her face. She took a few steps back.

"Wait, is Chase the girl I helped?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah," Vaughn answered.

"It's too late for us to go back now. Let's just hope she doesn't get eaten by Skags," Fiona said. Sasha smacked her arm.

"We need to go back for her. What if it was me?" Sasha asked. Fiona stared at her and then sighed.

"Fine. Felix, turn this thing around," Fiona said.

"No need." I heard Chase's voice and looked around. Next, she was standing in front of me with a huge smile.

"Holy crap, you're okay!" I shouted and hugged her. I immediately pulled away.

"S-sorry...about t-that," I stuttered. She pats my cheek.

"It's okay," she said. Chase turned to Sasha.

"Thanks for helping with my injury," she said.

"No problem. You look a little different now," Sasha said. Fiona walked up to Chase and tried to touch her. Her hand went right through.

"Woah, this is pretty cool," Fiona chuckled.

~Chase's POV~

"You're a hologram?!" Sasha asked. I nodded.

"But, but, I was able to touch you earlier." Sasha came over and did the same thing as Fiona.

"I was in my physical form earlier. Now I'm in my hologram form," I answered.

"But Rhys touched you in this form. How?" Fiona asked.

"There's a program in his eye and arm that allows him to touch me when I'm a hologram. It has my specific coding in it." Fiona and Sasha were circling me like I was a new discovery.

"Could you both stop?" Rhys asked. They stopped in front of me.

"Did those assholes up on Helios make you?" Fiona spoke up. I shook my head.

"Nope, Rhys created me eight years ago before he started working for Hyperion," I replied and gestured to him.

"Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute. This guy, right here, built you?" Fiona asked and gestured to Rhys in disbelief.

"Yep," I said. Sasha and Fiona were still staring at Rhys in disbelief.

"What?" Rhys asked.

"How?! She's super nice and beautiful! Why doe she hang out with you two?!" Sasha asked and waved her finger between Rhys and Vaughn.

"Enough! We need to get the money," the man driving the caravan shouted.

"Calm down, Felix. We'll get the money," Fiona reassured. Then, she pulled out a small gun that was hidden in her sleeve. She aimed it at Rhys and Vaughn.

"Can we work this out?" Rhys said and stuck up his hands.

"We'll kill you both and then Chase can come with us. Simple as that," Sasha said and grinned. I was stunned at what they said.

"Wait! We can track the money!" Rhys shouted. Fiona didn't waver and kept aiming at them.

"How?" She asked. Rhys pulled an I.D. card out of his pocket.

"Did you...steal that off of Dr. Nakayama's dead body?" I asked him. Rhys looked around as if he was trying to make up an excuse.

"Uh....no..." He muttered. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"Okay! Fine, I did! Happy?"

I smiled and laughed.

"Very."

"Okay, what do we do with it?" Sasha asked. Rhys brought the I.D. next to his ECHO-eye and plugged it in. He started making weird noises and then fainted. A map appeared from his robotic arm's palm. A yellow way point was shown.

"That's got to be the money," Vaughn said.

"Oh, great. Now the idiot has fainted," Fiona sighed. I ran over to Rhys and kneeled next to him.

"Don't worry. I've got this." I put one finger over his ECHO-eye and zapped it with electricity.

"Woah!" Rhys flew up and looked around.

"Welcome back," I said.

"Maybe I should've stayed unconscious." He covered his eye with his hand.

"I can arrange that." I put one finger up.

"Uh...on second thought, I'm okay," Rhys said and quickly stood up. Fiona watched the map and the point. She started to grin and laugh.

"Let's go get that money!"