Chapter One

I love October. I love the smell of it, The scenery, and the weather. It's actually quite unusual out here in San Francisco. It's always hot, but I guess this fall is an exception. I like the fashion too, not that i'm any expert, but it's not only that. I love the vibe it gives, I love the scary movies, and I love the drinks.

I breathed in the pumpkin scented heat rising from my cup of coffee. I sat at my usual seat behind starbucks. The sky was as dark as any and the air was fresh. That's just how I like it. I close my eyes and take a sip, wishing my life was always this calm and quiet. My sore lips sting after every sip but i've grown used to it.

A couple walks hand in hand as I watch them. I like examining people. Viewing them, wondering what their lives are like. Making up stories about them in my head.
Maybe they just started dating, or they're newlyweds. Who knows..

The wind blows against my hair making me bite down on my lip. That's a thing I do a lot for no reason in particular. Not that I know of. It makes me look like I got punched in the mouth.

Well, there's a lot about me. I have wavy/messy dark brown hair with purple tips that goes down a little past my shoulders and light blue eyes. i'm also not tall but scrawny.

Migraine by Twenty One Pilots begins playing, letting me know my phone is ringing. I smile at the contact name. "Jude! baby, I don't think I meet with you tonight." My girlfriend, Antonia say's through the phone apologetically.

Yes. I'm dating a girl. It's just how it's been. Girls, I feel as if they understand me better. Although i've only dated one guy, I know what they can be like, from what i've seen. I'd rather kiss a girl who goes through the same bullshit as me, and understands how I feel, than be with some guy and risk the potential heartbreak. That's just how I am. Not only that though, i've never really had serious crushes on guys either, but anyway, enough about that because it doesn't define me as a person, but just one part of who I am.

"It's okay Ton." I smile, knowing she hates it when I call her that.

Tonia is perfect. Beautiful tall full blonde Russian with a slight accent, which makes her sound so sexy, along with her grammar mistakes and the red lipstick that is always smooth on her lips. She's all around perfect to me. It makes me wonder how I even managed to get her. I mean, I thought she'd end up leaving me once she settled in to our school and became friends with all the super attractive, smart kids. I was there for her when she was new from Russia. But still, I'm a loser who enjoys too much coffee, listens to many bands, likes to watch anime in her underwear any chance she gets, and has a lot of weird, unusual habits. It also doesn't help that she's a freshman in college, just a year older than me. I recently started my senior year in highschool and i'll be 18 soon. Well in 2 months. But what matters is, surprisingly, she stuck with me for the past 4 months.

"I tell you not to call me that.."

"Well that's what you get for making me wait for nothing. I miss you."

"Aw Judes, I sorry. I miss you too. It's just I have massive exam tomorrow and I don't know if I get any studying done or no if I come see you. I want to. You know that. Okay?" She explains, exaggerating the word massive.

"Glad to know the feeling is mutual." I mumble sarcastically.

"But okay, your studies are very important. You better kick ass on that exam though." I add, forgiving her.

"With your words, i'm sure I will. If you need me, I be at library with Pedro. You know him, good kid. But I make it up to you, I'll come over tomorrow?"

"Alright.."

"Oh and Jude?" Antonia adds.

"Yeah?"