part 1 of 2

I saw her huddled up in the corner of the corridor trying to avoid everyone’s attention. I think that if you asked anyone here in this part of the corridor if they had seen her they would have said “no”, some might even do a double take. She was wearing dull cloths, she looked like she was in pain. I waited till the corridor was empty before I approached her.

I kept some distance and didn’t block her way so that she wouldn’t feel trapped. After a minute or two she hadn’t moved so I slide down the wall to sit next to her. We didn’t talk, I didn’t stair. I saw that she had some bruises but I didn’t question it. I was going to wait patiently till she felt like telling, if she even did. I was here to listen not to judge.

We had been sitting for half an hour when she finally looked up. I smiled at her and said hello, she replied with a very weak and so quiet that I almost mist it hi. She sounded broken and hurt. I wanted to comfort her, give her a hug but I also didn’t want to scare her. I had never seen someone so broken, I couldn’t even imagine it. I couldn’t tell her it’s okay, we can get through this or I know what you’re going through, just as much as I didn’t want to force it out of her.