Act: 1 - A New Sheriff In Town

Kàri sighed, he'd always hated the rail roads. They made his teeth rattle and he could never concentrate or even relax due to the groaning engine and the screeching of the wheels. I guess you could say that the train was in need of a renovation, but it was cheap and It did the job. It provided a solid amount of income for the station, considering the state of the carriages. Speaking of the station, it appeared so suddenly. The city acres of factories and bungalows. The plumes of smoke formed a thick smog, the air riddled with the scent of ash. It was all so foreign to Kàri, for he was born and raised in the countryside, he was disgusted by the city, it was described as a metropolis, but it was the shadow of a once great the city. Kàri already had a negative opinion towards this city and he hadn't even stepped off the carriage. He would change London for the betterm Kàri promised.

The horde of people stepped onto the carriages, not giving Kàri a chance to step off the train, he'd just gotten off the locomotive as the doors shut and snagged his sleeve. Kàri resisted the temptation to chase the carriage and free his jacket, allowing it to rip the material up to his elbow. Gritting his teeth through his frustration, Kàri was sucked up into the crowd. He got to the streets after half an hour of dodging and weaving through mundanes, if only they knew that I was the one to protect them. The institute was a sight to be seen. The spires matched the height of Big Ben, the stain glass windows blood red. The architecture was one admired by even Archimedes, the archway of the gate finished with a portcullis. This didn't faze the mundanes, they walked past the beauty that was the institute. Kàri laughed at himself remembering how much London used glamours, this was new to him for they had lived in a small town consisting of only nephilim. They had no need for glamours.

Kàri walked through a stone doorway leading up to the gate. The portcullis opened the moment Kàri's foot touched the tiles. Dumbfounded, Kàri looked around to find who was greeting him and was met with complete silence. Not given a chance to follow through with his search, he was suddenly surrounded by two teenagers, a 15 year old girl wearing a brown leather jacket and a 16 year old who wore a deep blue tie and a suit jacket. "Are you Kàri? You are gorgeous! Please say your name is Kàri!" She inhaled slowly, gasping regrettably at the speed of her introduction. "Sorry" said the boy "we don't meet much new people" he reached out his hand " Hugo Myre and this is my sister Beatrice." Kàri shook Hugo's hand, noting his strong grip. "It's fine I don't get out much either" Kàri smirked, turning to start walking towards the front door, he was met with three eleven year olds watching him contently. "And these are my siblings" Hugo said gesturing towards the children. They all had the same oak brown hair and piercing grey eyes.

After, realizing who he was to look after for the next 5 years, Kàri was introduced. "Joan, Peter and Steven, this is your new trainer and guardian" Hugo announced, sounding excited at the fact that he had a personal trainer. Once he had met them all, Kàri was spun around and met with a glare. " Who is he?" demanded the woman, she was stunning, looking about 22. Her hair fell down the back of her neck in platinum curls, her eyes, a fiery orange and she was tall, very tall. That was saying a lot from Kàri he was 5'10, she was almost 6'2. "Jade, stop!" Hugo cried, shocked by his sisters choice of words. Getting his act together, Kàri answered her. "Mr. Leifr at your service madame" he confirmed, trying to use the most rough voice he could manage, for his mother said it attracted women. She smiled "Well maybe when you have fixed your coat we can discuss when you will be leaving." With that Jade turned and left. Damn his mother and her non sexy ways.

Hugo and Beatrice gave a tour of the institute; there was twenty two bedrooms, 2 kitchens, a grand dining hall, a ball room, a gym the size of a football field and the garden. There was no words that could come even remotely close to describing how beautiful the garden was. The colourful blooms, the mazes of bushes, the fountain spouting what seemed to be liquid gold, it was the most amazing thing Kàri had ever seen. They eventually came to Kàri's room; a deep blue room, fitted with a matte black carpet, and accompanied by a hickory desk and chair, a king sized bed and a mirror nailed to the wall. The term that "Kàri didn't expect this" really suited the occasion, this was exactly what Kàri needed, a bed. He didn't even know how tired he was, the bed urged him to sleep. Must, resist, bed, Kàri thought, his knees slowly buckling. "We will give you two some space" Beatrice sniggered, failing to keep back her laughter. Kàri drifted off into unconsciousness, Beatrice's cackle echoing.

Kàri woke, at least he thought he did. He sprung out of bed, hearing a shriek. The moment his weight was on th carpet the floor beneath him caved in and he fell into the abyss. He landed on the spire of Big Ben impaling his ankle on the point, Kàri flinched, it drew blood yet no pain. What was happening? His foot tore off and he was falling again, only this time when he hit the pavement he was brought back to consciousness. Waking up to find himself on the floor, Kàri was puzzled, at waking up on the floor and the strange nightmare. It didn't make sense. He'd heard of powerful warlocks and greater demons reaching out to people in their sleep, but it was Kàri, for once he was being modest, what would a demon want with him?