Don't Know What For

June 2nd, 2016

My picnic with Alice was really nice yesterday, but she was a little quiet the entire time. I guess she used up all her energy talking about people who take nature for granted, which I can't make fun of her for. Because she's right.

Today I plan on going for a walk by myself. I'm worried that if I do something new with Alice everyday, we'll run out of ideas and we'd just be repeating the same boring things.

I listened to the album Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane over and over again yesterday, and I'm still doing the same thing. I love this album. A LOT. I like "Today" and "Comin' Back to Me", but I also really like "She Has Funny Cars" and "How Do You Feel." But I overall think that every single song on the record is perfect.

Alice likes Jefferson Airplane, but she really likes The Eagles, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix a little more.

I say good morning to my mom, who is working from home today unlike my dad. I heat up some leftover oatmeal in the microwave and finish if off quickly.

I tell my mom I'm going for a walk, so I put some books in a bag and I put in my headphones to listen to, you guessed it, Surrealistic Pillow.

Then, all of a sudden I see Alice with a group of people walking past my house. I don't believe it at first because I never expected her to be all the way out in my neighborhood, but it's really hard to miss her.
She is laughing and occasionally she'll walk backwards to face the group. She has the biggest smile per usual and she continues to throw her hands in the air, look up at the sky, and look like the happiest person on the planet.

I keep telling myself to go outside and meet her, but I don't really want to. I'm not always the best when it comes to communicating properly to people I've never met before, especially a huge group of them.

I wait for them to pass, and then finally, I walked outside.

I can still see them in the distance, and the funny thing is, it looks  like they are walking in the direction of the Sequoia forest. I wonder why Alice never asked me to go with them, she would have had to mention me, though I assume that it is a possibility that isn't  where they are going. It's strange I even think  that, I'm usually not one to be easily offended.

I go on to enjoy my walk anyway. I stop by the forest, and they aren't even here, so I drop the sense of panic. And then I decide to head home after a few hours.

I get a phone call while walking and o realize it's from Alice. She tells me that she wants me to meet her friends tomorrow at the forest if I'm free and I tell her absolutely. So I guess I have no way of getting out of it now, because how could I ever lie to Alice? I wouldn't know what for.