Chapter 11 - Luke

Chapter 11 - Luke

It was the end of the weekend which meant that tonight was the night of the big family dinner that my Mum planned every year. I'd grown to enjoy this tradition as it was one of the few times, besides Christmas, that my family was ALL togethor. Both my brother's were coming home and needless to say I was really excited to see them. I hoped to see Jack with Dianne, I actually liked this lady and I hope he hadn't screwed it up... even though it'd already been about 2 years. If she hadn't dumped his ass by now I was convinced they could last forever. I heard the handle of my door twist open and Cameron walked in. I tried to re-poistion my-self on the bed but ended up falling off the side of it.

"Lu-" she began but then started laughing hysterically at my misfourtune.

I gave her an annoyed look and spoke, "hey it's your fault, you scared me," I stammered and within a moment I'd regret those words as I saw a smirk appear on Cameron's face.

"I scared you... a girl," she said stepping towards me.

"I wouldn't exactly consider you a girl, you're not really huma-"

"HEY!" I excalimed as she whacked me with an article of clothing she was holding in her hand.

"You've should've knocked," I stated in all seriuosness.

"It's the pot calling the kettle black," she spat back.

I just rolled my eyes. I noticed that the article of clothing in her hand that she'd assulted me with was nevertheless a dress. She had quite a few actually.

"So what do you want?" I asked her not trying to sound rude.

"I went shopping with Lauren yesterday to try and find a dress for this party? Get togethor? Well whatever you'd call it- the thing tonight," she said looking at the dresses, "I wanted to know what one you think I should wear," she said still ruffling through them.

"You know I'm not gay right?" I asked her slightly offened by her proposition.

"What- OH, well my bad, I better go-" She broke out mid sentence laughing when she saw the look on my face. I imagined it was quite amusing, I can't believe Cameron thought I was gay... I wonder if I gave a 'gay' vibe off to everyone.

"Luke, I'm only joking, I know you aren't gay- though if you are that's okay too.. GAY IS OKAY," she stated.

I gave her a questionning look and she continued, "the reason I'm asking you this is because this is your family and you know how everyone dresses every year... I don't want to be over or underdressed."

"Oh, so you don't think I'm gay?" I asking confused trying to clear the air.

"Is that all you really picked up from what I just said?" She asked, "no Luke I don't, now can we move on?"

"Uh yeah sorry," I said, "okay show me the dresses."

She dropped 5 different dresses onto my bed and I sat their in awe.

"How'd you afford all these?" I asked shocked.

"I have a debt card from Lily, don't worry, I'm going to return the ones I'm not going to wear," she spoke as if she'd done this all the time.

"Don't worry," she reassured me again.

"Okay, well are you going to try them on for me?" I asked her, I know in all the movies the guy would sit there and wait for the girl to show him.

"No," she replied, "I'm too lazy to, I've already tried them all on once, just tell me which one you like best Luke."

I should've realized Cameron was NOT like the girls in the movies, to be honest she was the complete opposite.