And the Journey Begins

'What do I do? What can I do?' I asked myself. The boy I'm in love with is fighting two men with what are those, daggers?

Wind rushed in making my hair fly into face. I looked into Edmund's direction, him as shocked as I am. The garbage bin I've been ducking behind was knocked down and started to roll.

The two men caught me in a split second.

The snickered and gritted their teeth with their hands tugged under neath my arms.

"Whose the lucky lady?"

I kept my head down, although I could feel Edmund's eyes draped on me.

"Let her go!" He called out while raising his two daggers. "Let her go and I'll go with you!"

What were they talking about? Go where? Past the alley to the nearest pub? Why do they need me as bait?

I wasn't sure what to do, but I didn't just want to be held captive in front of the boy I've been falling for since carrots were still cheap. I had to make a move.

I dug my elbow into the man on my right side, then I ducked when the man on my left swung with his fist. Edmund then ran and hit the man. Then we ran.

We sprinted down the alley and turned into another and kept running straight behind an abandoned building. Edmund put his hands on his knees to catch his breath, while I did the same.

"Nice move."

"Who.. who were they?"

"Soldiers." He spoke as he tugged his daggers around some sort of ankle strap

"Soldiers?" I looked up at him, making eye contact with his deep brown eyes. "Soldiers never hide out in the alley. I've been through there a thousand times."

"What for?" he asked with a suspicious look on his face.

"It depends." I looked back down. "What was with the gush of winds?" Right as I spoke, old pieces of card board boxes, newspapers, flew around in a spiraling motion. "Like that!"

Edmund walked towards me grabbing my hand, not with a single hesitation. "Whatever you do, don't let go!"

I looked at our hands then at him, he looked at me then looked around seeing parts of the building being torn off. Everything started to disappear. Lights were beaming everywhere. Trees, so many trees. This sight was beautiful.

Man, only if Lillian could see me now.