Time.

The rocks shifted, I nearly lost my balance. If I took one wrong step the whole rock wall would soon collapse.

"Edmund, don't waste your time. Go get the others!" I didn't even bother looking at him. I knew I'd get distracted by his eyes. I tried to take a step but it shifted slightly beneath my feet.

"I'm not leaving you. We made the same mistakes twice, look where they got us. No more changes, no more leaving. Just come on, jump!"

"If I put more pressure on the rocks, it'll collapse over the underground entrance! I'm not killing anymore people Edmund!"

"Diana, toss me your binoculars!"

"Looking at people aren't going to make them move any faster!"

"Maybe not, but I'll be able to balance the rocks if you make little movements!"

I looked at him, keeping my eyes contacted with his. What if it doesn't work, and we both fall. Nothing other then the cold ground can catch us.

"Alright, just make sure you catch them."

I slowly raised my right hand and grasped the strap around my neck. I was shaking like crazy. I forced myself to move the strap and I picked it up and put it in my palms. "Okay, be ready!" I tossed the binoculars after a swing and I turned to see Edmund catching it in mid-air.

"Warn them." I looked down at my feet. "Just tell them to clear out. I can keep my balance for the next three minutes."

"Alright." Edmund stayed on his side, and shouted, "Narnians! Clear the underground port! The rocks! Move to the fields! Repeat! Move to the fields!"

I looked down and saw many animals and satyrs, running from underground. One being Daniel's baby brother, Duke. He looked at us below. "We need time King and Queen!"

I spoke before Edmund could think of what to say. If I let him speak, he'd just rush them making matters worse. "Alright! Take your time!"

I saw the look on Edmund's face. The look of anger and pain bubbling up. I know his focus is just to get me to safety.

"I know what everyone has been saying Diana. I know that you know too." I knew exactly what he was talking about. I didn't know what to say, so he continued.

"I'm sorry, I should've just told you." He started to stumble, he was so nervous. I've never seen him like this, not since in sixth grade when he had to read aloud his poem.

"I should've told you when I found out, when Peter, and Susan, and Caspian gave me the hints." I kept my sight on him.

"Do you know why I took you up here?"

I shook my head, telling him no.

"Because, last year, you always talked about the best place for someone to ask you something very important, was a place that held a fear. I know one of your fears is being in high places. I saw the look on your face when we started to climb."

He started walking towards me, still speaking, "I wondered if it was a good or bad thing that you came here. What if you became sick, or injured, it'd be me telling your family why you won't come home "

I felt tears build up. Does he realize what he's saying? "Well, I'm not dead."

He stopped for a moment, him being inches away from me. "I know you're not really mad at me."

"Why do you think that?" I tried to sound angry, instead I sounded weak and innocent.

"I saved your life once, and we both know Id do it again in a heartbeat."

I turned to look at him. "I don't know what you're trying to say anymore."

"Will you go out with me Diana?"

I smiled. "Out of all time, you just happen to choose the one when were in danger?"

We laughed. Was that a yes? A pushy no? I couldn't help but need to make things clear. "Yes, yes I will." He smirked and right when I was about to hug him, I had forgotten I was in the middle of a huge mess. The rocks fell. I grasped onto the edge of the platform that hasn't fallen. Edmund rushed over to me reaching out his hand. What if I move my hand, and I lose all grip and I pull him down with me?

"Diana! Just grab my hand!"

I looked down and gasped at the sight of me dangling over nothing but fallen stone. I looked back up and grabbed his hand with all my strength. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Kings Peter and Caspian rushing out standing and watching.

I heard Edmund grunt as he pulled me up. He pulled me up far enough that I could use my knees to push myself up. I rested in his lap with his hands wrapped around me. I closed my eyes taking deep breaths.

"Maybe.. next time, we should just scrub the halls."