Prologue

Once upon a time, there was a young girl named Evelyn Lovedoer. Ms. Evelyn was a fine young woman, the finest of all of England. She was quite high maintenance in her day and had to have everything in order as they should be, until... Mr. And Mrs. Lovedoer thought it be best to handover their beloved daughter over to an unknown man that she's never met before. Ms. Lovedoer was upset and complied that she would not live a loveless marriage. "You will have me do anything you want, but I will never agree to an arranged marriage by my parents!" she cried and yelled in rage. "But Honey, we owe the Michaelis'. We are truly grateful for what they have done by pulling our family out of debt. Now, we are begging you, please do not let us down." they plead and their daughter had soon given up on her little outburst and asked, "When am I to meet their son?" Her parents were thrilled and couldn't wait to get her ready for the meeting. She, herself, had to admit that she was quite curious as well. I wonder if he likes short girls with brown hair, she thought to herself. All she knew of him was that of how he looked, unaware of his likes and dislikes and his personality. I hope he's at least a gentleman, she reassures herself and gets back to getting ready for the event that was to surely take place in her living room.

Four long hours later, her awaited husband had arrived as she had been waiting very patiently on the sofa. Mr. Michaelis, walking through the door, spotted an attractive woman to suit his tastes and thought he just has to have her tonight. Although, he had to remind himself that tonight was just a pre-arrangement for the two to meet and get acquainted. As much as Evelyn had met the requirements of what Sebastian looks for in a woman, he could never see himself as actually being tied down to someone. He loved doing things his own way and no matter how attractive of a woman he was next to, he just didn't feel comfortable with this arranged night their families had set up. He didn't feel comfortable with the word marriage at all. His parents had told him beforehand that there was a person they had wanted him to meet. Curious, he decided to go along with it and see just what kind of wife she would be. Sitting on the sofa across of Evelyn, he crossed his legs and licked his lips thinking to himself that tonight would just be like any other and he could make her his.