Chapter 5

"Girl, I cannot believe that chick would do that to you!" Bridget exclaimed.

"I know. I have a feeling this is going to be a negative effect on my record this year." I sighed. Since I was injured, there isn't a definite place they can put me in.

Bridget shook her head in disbelief. "How long did the medic say it would take you to heal?"

"My right leg isn't injured that much, really. It's just scratched and bruised, so it should take less than a week. My broken arm on the other hand..." I paused looking down at the large white cast on my arm "will take a month or two." I frowned.

"Is that going to affect your running?" She looked at me with her big hazel eyes sympathetically.

"Probably since I have to sway my arms back and forth." I replied, staring floor mat in her car.

"That is terrible! Who helped you get back?"

"Oh, umm, just this guy named Mason." I mumbled, still staring at the floor mat.

"Mason Reely?! " She nearly screamed, wide-eyed.

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Well, I don't know. Maybe he was one of the competitors in the STATE championships! And you ran against him in the semi-finals. I'm not completely living under a rock." She answered sarcastically.

"Well, sorry. You saw him earlier and called him hot, but you didn't even recognize him." I rolled my eyes.

"That was HIM? Well, he is still hot." He giggled. I had to admit, I had quite the girly friend. But what can they say, opposites attract!

"I hope coach got my car back to my house. Or should I say, my parent's car."

"Yeah, me too. You are lucky his wife came with him. She normally doesn't come to our meets."

we

"I know. I would been screwed if it wasn't for her."

"Yeah, thank God you weren't."

Just as we finished our conservation, we arrived at my house.

"Thanks Bridge." I smiled.

"No worries." She replied, returning the smile.

Just as we finished our conversation, we arrived at my house. I had a large house. It was white and had many windows. It even had two pillars in the front. A lot of people defined me as a snotty in stuck up rich girl, but I tried to not let it get to me. I click couldn't help my dad was a pharmacist and my mother was a doctor.

"Feel better Alyssa." Bridget patted my shoulder lightly as I stepped out of the car.

I just smiled and walked to the entrance of my house as I waved back at her. I could see that my coach's wife got my little black convertible back safe and sound in the driveway.

Once I stepped inside, I remembered I was going to be alone for a while.

I sighed out loud. I was injured, and I had to take care of myself for the next few days since my parents are out of town. I had to ice my own arm, bandage up my own legs, and so forth. I also couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen with me for cross country since i was all beaten up.

This was going to be a long week.