Chapter Two

I didn't get up again until 8 A.M. and dressed in some black fitting trousers that tucked quite well in my boots and a long sleeved dark gray shirt. I let my long black curls fall down my back, for once. Rick and them were supposed to come back today, but I wasn't expecting them for another few hours, but knowing Evy, she would want to go somewhere else when she got back home. I am very surprised that they even decided to settle in London in the first place.

"Jonathan!" I called, as I headed down the stairs, just to see if he was home, which he wasn't, instead, I found a note saying that he was at a poker game. "Figures." I muttered.

I was sitting in the parlor, on a couch, reading a book when they arrived back that night. "Aaliyah." Rick greeted me as he and Evy came through, debating about some kind of new adventure that Evy wanted to go on.

"Aunt Ali!" Alex greeted me as he carried a chest.

"Mom! What do I do with this chest?" He called up to her. "This sucker weighs a goddang ton."

"Alex, watch your language!" She scolded him. I hid my amused expression behind the book.

"Rather weighty this." My nephew corrected himself. I heard the thud as he sat it on a table and I went back to reading.

I looked up upon hearing Evy's voice as she looked at Alex. "Happy to be home?"

"Couldn't be happier."

"It's the year of the scorpion." She handed Alex a book.

"Neat."

"Thought you might like that." She said. Then she looked at me. "Things have been okay around here? Has Jonathan behaved?"

I shrugged, putting the book down. "It's been quiet, nothing's really gone on." Then I sighed. "And you know Jonathan, when does he ever behave?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Got a point there." She turned back to look at Alex. "Where's the key?"

"I don't know." He shrugged.

She sighed and started going through his pockets. "Alex, I'm serious, if you've lost that key, you're grounded."

"I haven't lost it. I just can't find it. There's a difference." He looked over at me, expecting me to say something or to agree with him.

"Oh-ho. No, you're not bringing me into this." I warned the kid.

"Well, you'd better start finding it then."

"I will mom. There's nothing to worry about." He said, and I heard a noise, and I could sense that it wasn't my brother or Jonathan.

"Evy." I warned, standing up now. I couldn't help my hand going down to rest around the handle of my sword that was on my hip out of instinct. I had a bad feeling about this.

Evy looked at me curiously, before looking to where I had my eyes fixated on.

"Good evening." A tall dark skinned man said, he was dressed in all red, including a red headdress to match.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for the chest of course." He said, sending my nephew a pretty mean look. Alex grabbed it. "Give it to me now."

Evy walked over to a wall and grabbed a short sword off the wall. "Get out of my house."

"Woah, Mom. Maybe not the best idea."

"Alex, get back there." I reached out and grabbed my nephew and pushed him behind me. I drew my sword as more men came to join the first one. This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all.