Full of Surprises

Tony flew around the city in a rampage. "Sir." Jarvis began. "I took off the arc reactor. The device is already self sustained."

Landing on his own Tower, he stiffened watching as Selvig tampered with the tessereact. "Shut it down Selvig." Tony warned shaking him from his work. 

"It's too late!" The doctor replied seeing who it was. "It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe."

Letting out a sigh, Stark shrugged. "Okay." Raising his hands, the burst of energy blasted through the air sending Selvig backwards. 

"The barrier to the Tesseract is pure energy." Jarvis informed his master. "It's unbreachable. The Mark VII is not ready to be deployed." 

"Skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." 

Entering the inside lounge room of his tower, Tony took off his suit in search of Loki. As soon as he found him though, the god only smiled. Strolling casually to his own bar, the billionaire began pouring himself a drink as Loki began to speak. "Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." 

"Uh... actually, I'm planning to threaten you." 

"You should have left your armor on for that." The god warned. 

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"

"Stalling me won't change anything."

"No, no, no!" Tony took a sip from his drink. "Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm clearly having one." 

"The Chitari are coming." Loki smiled towards him. "Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" 

"The Avengers." Stark replied sharply causing Loki to look at him confuesed. "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROS.' type thing." 

"Yes. I have met them." 

"Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction. I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here." Tony began to pace around the bar. "Your brother, the demi-God; a man with breath-taking anger managment issues; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend, a couple of master assasins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one." 

"Agh yes, you are missing one Mr. Stark are you not? Where is you're demon? The one who holds the true power?" 

Staring into Loki violently, Tony huffed. "You know your doings Loki. She is why we are here."

Chuckling, he shook his head. "I suppose you should know that was all part of the plan." 

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you." From underneath the bar, Tony pulls on COLANTOTTE bracelets, a honing device. 

"I have an army." The god countered. 

Tony just laughed. "We have a Hulk." 

"I thought the beast wandered off." 

"You're missing the point. There's no throne, there is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us. But it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned sure we'll avenge it." 

Snickering at Tony, Loki approached him. "How will your friends have time for me, when they're so busy fighting you?" Then, pressing the scepter against his chest, Loki heard a ting as he tried to brainwash Tony. However, the arc reactor countered it's power causing it to malfunction. 

"It should work." The god groaned. 

"Well, performance issues. You know?" Tony shrugged. In anger, Loki grabbed Tony by the neck and flung him across the room.