Avengers Assemble

Steve stood tall in the long swaying grass. The stone was fresh, the dirt around it still damp from the lowered coffin. Adina was a hero, but now, now she is a legend. 

Natasha, Tony, Clint, Thor, and Banner all stood in the background letting him mourn. Adina was close to them all, but there was something between the two since day one. Everyone could see it, even if they couldn't. 

Taking a deep breath, Steve gave a nod to her grave stone of appreciation. Without her, there wouldn't even be this funeral, there wouldn't even be a world to mourn for her. 

"You know." A voice called from behind making everyone turn around but the two assassins. "I've never been one for sad touchy moments, but I gotta admit. This is kind of cute." Looking up to follow the voice, everyone glanced upwards and their hearts sank. There, sitting on a large statue in the cemetery was Adina. Her knee pulled to her chest still wearing her normal shield uniform. 

"Aces?!" Tony hissed as she chuckled. Then, pushing herself from the statue, she leaped downwards and landed before them. 

"The one and only." 

"Lady Adina, how?" Thor shook his head questionably. 

"I'm a ghost Thor, Ghosts can't die." 

"Demon if I am correct." Clint smiled as the two assassins took her side. 

This time, Steve spoke. "You two knew. That's why you were acting so weird." 

Natasha nodded. "We wanted to give you a heads up, but we couldn't give it away." 

Clint finished. "If we want to keep her safe, the world needed to believe that she was gone."

"The speeches were sweet by the way." Adina paced towards her grave looking at it questionably. "Except for yours Tony, what the fuck?" 

"I thought it was very well delivered thank you very much, for planning it on the plane ride there." 

"Always knew you cared." 

"Wait, wait, wait." Steve interjected. "Am I the only one that thinks this is insane? You were dead, you didn't have a pulse." 

"I never do Steve." She sighed.

"And who exactly are you hiding from?" he crossed his arms. 

Taking a long breath, Adina looked to the ground before glancing to her two friends. "That, Is something that doesn't concern you. All you need to know is I was laying low for a reason. Now after this whole publicity stunt, my names out in the open. People would kill to have my power Steve. They have killed. "

"So now what?" 

"Now, she goes back into hiding." Clint shoved his hands into his pocket. 

"Hiding?" Tony asked. 

Adina nodded. "yeah." 

"Where?"

"Well if I told you, it wouldn't exactly be hiding would it?" She rose her eyebrow with a smile. 

Steve just let out a breath. "How long will you be gone?" 

She shrugged. "Until this whole thing dies down I guess. You'll see me from time to time." 

"Lucky us." Tony interjected. 

"Don't you even pretend like you didn't miss me Stark."

"Yeah well, don't get used to it. Stop by the tower soon kid, okay?" 

She smiled and nodded. "sure thing Tony." 

Giving him a hug, she hesitated slightly before pulling him in closer. Sure they didn't get along all the time. but like he said in his speech, they were like brother and sister. Siblings fought all the time.