Chapter Thirty

Ok, quick news. This book might be coming to an end soon. I'm not spoiling but some danger might happen and then a happily ever after and then done. So, probably by the end of June? More or less. So, no more than 15 chapters left, I think. That should be a good amount. Chapter 50, I plan to be, the last chapter! So enjoy!

**Sam's POV**

That morning...

"Ugh," I groaned. "Why are you till here?"

"Because I am your father," he answered.

"Define father," I murmured.

"A man in relation to his child or children," my mom responded.

I looked back my 'so- called' father. "You're not a man. You're not in relation to me or my mother. So, you're not a father to me. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have somewhere to be."

"When you come back, you're grounded!" Hank roared before I opened the door.

"If I come back.

"You will be back," my mom promised.

"Don make promises you can't keep" I muttered before slamming the door. I ran to my car and picked up the girls, who were informed that the guys would be late. Just great. I sped the the beach without a second to spare. I was mad. On fire. Burning. And I think the other girls could sense it too.

I parked in the parking lot and unbuckled my seat belt. But before I could get out, someone grabbed my arm.

"Sam," Serena said very seriously.

"Get off me," I commanded pulling my hand back, but Serena had a grip.

"What's going?"

"Nothing," I lied, hoping she wouldn't catch it.

"You're lying," Emma interrupted. "Just tell us,"

"Please?" They continued to persist and I couldn't help but confess.

"It's my father."

"He's back?!" They yelled shocked.

"Yeah, and he's trying to act like a father. Telling me what to do, grounding me if I don't, excertra," I explained.

"Wow," they both said at the same time again.

"Yeah, wow." There weren't any other words to describe your so-called father that has returned.

"Don't tell the guys. Especially Alex,"I pleaded.

"Why especially Alex?"Serena wondered.

"Of course," Emma agreed. She got me.

"Wait, I'm confused. Why A-, oh." She must have got it. About time. For a smart nerd, she was quite slow sometimes.

"Yeah, so don't mention it to the guys." It was more of an order this time. I wasn't begging.

I was commanding.

Later that day...

"How often do you guys turn?" Alex asked me. I gave him a look. We were heading towards a deep forest that only the guys knew about. We had split cars so that way about two guys and two girls were in each. Zayn, unfortunately had to go home since his part was up. So in my car was Alex, Peter, Emma and I. And in Ace's car was Ace and Serena. Lucky love birds.

"We turn when we touch water. Most of the time."

"However," Emma butted in. "Serena thinks it's only ocean water. One day she cried and she didn't turn into a mermaid."

"Her crying? No surprise there," I laughed following a turn that Ace had made.

"Her not turning into a mermaid? That is though. If it's just ocean water, then we can go back to gym! Meaning,"

"You can go back to the swim team," I finished sighing. Her and that team.

"Isn't that awesome?!"

"Awesome," I agreed lamely. I really couldn't less. I was more focused on Alex. He and Peter just kept asking us questions. Just the basics, like our tails and powers. But when Peter asked that one question...

"Have you ever all used your powers at once?"

"No, we haven't. Today was the first day that Emma and Serena combined theirs. If I were to join, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a difference."

"You don't know until you try."

Believe me, I do.

Ok, this chapter and so rushed. I literally wrote this in ten minutes. SMH.

Fact: That forest that they are going to... it's werewolf territory only.

Comment: So do you think danger will be involved when the mermaids and the wolves cross paths?

<33

-Nyla