.16.When the tree branches are broken off

[Omniscient -- Sunday Morning]

Today was the day that the Abelardo family well be spitted apart, and they will have to learn to deal with each from a distance. Ashanti and her husband Adao were in the room talking about their daughter Iris. Semele was outside flirting with the older puerto rican dude who was around his twenty's , and he live across the street. Iris was in her room packing up the rest of her belonging, Amaryllis was sitting on the bed asking her question about Brazil.

''I can't believe your leaving me here with Semele.''Mary said sadly plopping down on Iris bed.

''Don't sound so sad, amaryllis.'' Iris whine tossing her makeup kit inside of her luggage.''Ill be back during christmas break.''

''Thats still a long time.'' she mumbled running her fingers through her hair.

Iris sighed.''Amaryllis, your really messing up my vibe right now with your sadness.''

''Are you going to stay in Brazil.?''

''Yep. Im going to stay in avos' beach house and work at grandmas floral shop, and this summer you and Semele can fly down their and stay with me.'' she said happily. Iris was very excited about moving to a different country with her father because she was getting sick of all the drama in Chicago, and she wants to start over in life.

Their grandfather named Arnaldo, was a very rich and wealthy man who was nothing to play around with. His name means strong soldier, and that he really was. Arnaldo was a very dangerous and cruel man who doesn't care about anything but his family. Arnaldo's soldiers kills people for him left and right because they honor and respect Arnaldo. Arnaldo was basically a god in Brazil, and everybody bowed down to him and praised him even the government in Brazil. Arnaldo had many houses in Brazil, but he lives in this billon dollar mansion in Sao Paulo, the richest city in Brazil.

''Why isn't avo' going to let you stay in his mansion with him.?''mary questioned.

''Because he doesn't want me around watching him and Adao doing their dirty work.'' Iris told her zipping up her luggage.

''So your going to be staying in his beach house by yourself.?''

Iris shook her head.''No, one of our other family members will be staying with me and grandmas will living down the street from us.''

"You didn't forget to speak Portuguese did you.?" Mary ask with her hand resting on the middle of her chest.

"Claro que não , avô vai me matar se eu esqueci sobre o nosso idioma." Iris chuckled, Adao had taught all three of his daughters Portuguese since they were little bitty. Their grandfather was fluent in Portuguese, but wasn't so good in English.

Amaryllis giggles."Pode crer , avô não joga sobre sua língua e cultura."

Iris laughed." I can't wait for Dia de Acao de Gracas'."

Amaryllis bite down on her lip thinking about the delicious food that they serve on Dia de Acao de Gracas'. Dia de Acap de Gracas, was thanking giving in Brazil, and it was on the fourth Sunday in Brazil. Amaryllis loved Dia de Acao de Gracas because of the huge carnival that they thrown and the food. She always ate so much of the jaboticaba fruit because it tasted like cranberries.

"Your making me want some pumpkin pie right now." Mary whine rubbing her belly.

"I want some pork stew that avo always makes for us-"

"What y'all on here talking bout.?" Semele interrupted standing in the door way.

"Brazil and thanksgiving." Mary answered