Chapter 2: Fucking With Life

Sky Pov

Being a waiter sucks in a few ways. Don't get me wrong. I love serving people and it genuinely makes me happy. However, there are really a few people in this god damn world that'll make your blood boil. Every now and then, I get the misfortune of meeting a few of them. Take this for example. 

"Good afternoon sir." I greet while giving the menu after I wiped the table again even if it's impeccable already--just to make sure that I don't get a complain for missing a spot as it already happened a few times. "Do you need a couple of minute to order or shall I take it now?" I said politely while giving a small smile.

The way this bastard raked his eyes from my feet up to my face just screams "one of those people". His heavily bearded mouth turned upwards as he leaned back to inspect my...assets which in turn made my blood boil even before he opened his mouth. 

"Can I get a hot americano?" He smirked and suggestively flicked his eyes down. "You sure do sell nice buns here." He added before placing his hand on my hip. I politely stepped aside, gritting my teeth. 

"We have a few brioche baked fresh this morning, would you like to add that to your order?" I nonchalantly said, wanting this conversation to go faster so I can get away from this pervert. 

The man chuckled and tried placing his hands on me again, unsuccessfully. "Come on sweet cheeks, I tip well, why don't you show me those buns in the backroom, heh"

I leaned in with a smile, making him think that I am about to give in. 

"Sir, the cameras you see there? They also record audios and if you don't want to see yourself trending for the wrong ideas, you should shut your mouth and behave or else not just your wife, your kids, but everyone in the world will know of your sick, perversion." I sweetly muttered. "Now one americano coming up." I announced as I sashayed back to the bar.. 

The man was left dumbfounded and I felt a sense of victory awash me as I served the americano. 

As I returned to bring the tray back, Claire, one of my coworkers came in with the landline on her phone signaling that it's for me. How odd, I didn't expect any call today. 

I reluctantly accept the phone while wondering who the heck would fucking call me. I eventually accepted the phone and held it to my ear while mumbling a silent "Hello,."

From the other line, a woman's voice rang out, "Hello. Is this Mr. Sky Thorns? I need to speak with him please."

"Yes, Sky here. How may I help you?" I answered with a bit of hesitation. I really don't know who could be calling me since first, the kids and I don't really have any relatives and second, I also don't have friends. 

"Oh, that's good to hear." I could hear some paper rustling and movement as the line went silent for a while. "This is Ms. Veronica, their homeroom teacher. It seems that you are not aware of the situation that your twins are into. You are their guardian right?" I could feel my heart skipped a beat and my nerves tensing. What the heck did they do now? Did something bad happen?

"Why? What happened to them? Are they okay? Should I head there immediately?" I ask worriedly.

"Oh no! There's no need for that . They're doing fine, Mr. Sky. Nothing to worry about. " The woman said and I sighed a sigh of relief.

"That's good to hear." I chuckled the nerves away. "Is everything alright with them?" I finally asked. 

"Hmm, I see the kids haven't told you to about the situation but this is regarding the payment plan for the school," She stated and I mumbled a silent curse.