chapter 5

the next day leading up to free period went by in a blur. Once free period finally came around, I went outside to meet Abe at the spot he said to. As I was walking over I was abruptly stopped by three male upper class men. "um excuse me I have to go." I say In the politest voice I can mumble out. The boys just get closer. I heard the first one say, "she's cute. We could have some real fun with her." then the second boy say, "how 'bout it? You can come hang with us?" As I'm standing there panicking, looking for how to say no, a figure walks up behind them. I hear the figure say, "Hey, Step away from my girl." when I finally see who the figure is, my hand is already being pulled away from the boys. "Don't ever go near her again." Abe says while throwing an arm around my shoulder.

We walk like this for a while before the boys are completely out of view. Abe turns around to face me, "I'm sorry. My blood just started to boil at the thought of those boys harassing you. I didn't mean to over step." I look at him confused. "Abe, you saved me back there. lord knows what would've happen if you didn't come." I step closer to him, planting a kiss on his cheek. As soon as I take a step back, his face turns bright red. I giggle at this side of him before saying, "hey we should probably just head back to class, I don't know how much time we have left." He regains his composure by shrugging and following me.

Since we are in different classes, I spent most of the time thinking about what happened. He called me his girl. I couldn't help but giggle at the thought. I just kept watching the clock, waiting for the end of the day to come.

Once the bell rang, Tajima waves me over, "walk with me Asuka-chan!" I give him a weird glance at the sound of my first name, but I quickly change it for a smile, "sure thing Yūichirō-chan!" he gives me a big smile back.

While walking to practice we made a ton of terrible jokes, and were laughing so hard that we started crying. Even at practice the coach heard us laughing and she made us run around the field. After our lap, she goes on to tell some of the boys to start working on batting, others fielding, and Abe and mihashi to work together with pitches. I move my way to the dug out to go sit with coach before she stops me and says, "I want you to go over there and work with mihashi and Abe. Maybe you can help them with new pitches and signs." I nod my head and head over to them.

After showing mihashi a few pitches and him working on them, Abe tells him to go get a drink leaving both him and I alone. "So what's going on with you and tajima? You guys seem awfully close." Abe says. I look up at him questionably. "I can assure you that were just friends. nothing more." I give him a short smile but he dismissed it with a shrug. I just stand there silently while mihashi and him work on pitching.

After practice, I start my walk home but stop when I hear footsteps approaching. I turn around a see Abe standing in front of me.
-----------------------------------------
not sure how I feel about this chapter¿ but I'm gonna start updating more often since Im on vacation now. tell me if you like the chapter! I may have to go back and change a few hints that don't make sense.