chapter 1

I wipe the sweat thats trickling down my forehead.
"One more." I yell before swinging my bat and making contact with the ball.
-------------------------
I make my way down the halls towards class 1-C. Before I enter the class I brush the non-existing dust off my school uniform skirt. I head into class hoping to slip in undetected, but fail miserably as I walk in, causing every head to turn my way. I inwardly deadpan, remembering that I'm walking in, in the middle of class, during a lecture. I quickly shuffle my way to the back before the teacher notices me. "Ah Miss Morita, please introduce yourself to the class." I curse incoherently under my breath at my teacher. "Hi, my name is Morita Asuka." I say in a pretty bland way and continue my way to my seat.
As class continues on I hear whispers from both the boys and girls on who I am and what I'm like.

After school ends I find my self wandering around looking for a baseball field. As I turn the corner, one comes into view. I quickly hurry over there, while noticing there was a bat left out along with some balls. I move my way over to the pitching machine and start it up on the highest setting.

I watch the first one fly by me right in the strike zone. I mentally note the speed of the ball and get ready for the next. As the next ball flies towards me, I take a small step in, connecting my bat to the ball, causing it to fly way out into the field.

After hitting a couple more I hear footsteps behind me. "Your pretty good." An unknown boy with Raven hair and grey-green eyes says as he sets his bag down. I notice that he's in a baseball uniform, probably here for practice. "oh you must have practice, let me get out of your way, I'm Morita Asuka by the way." I reply as I head over to shake his hand.
"Abe Takaya, so what position do you play?" the boy, I now know as Abe, says. "I'm catcher and I bat cleanup." I say with a slight smirk on my face, knowing I sound cocky. By the look on his face he's neither impressed or unimpressed. "Your quite small for a cleanup hitter, but I don't doubt your ability after watching you. As for a catcher, how can a small girl like you handle hard pitches without falling over?" he says in the most monotone voice. "My size has nothing to do with me being a catcher. By the looks of it you must be their catcher too. I'm catcher because I can read people really well, call smart pitches. It's something that sets me aside from the others." he kinda just stands there with a poker face after my little rant. "Alright then, if your so good, how bout you stay for our practice and prove me wrong. Strike out three of our hitters and I'll believe you are a catcher" he puts his hand out offering it to me. I shake his hand before smirking. "deal."
-------------------------------------------
this is my first story. I hope you guys enjoy it and let me know if you like it
later,
A