Part One

"Hello."  My mother's sweet, high pitched voice, rang on the other line.

"Hello."  I said back.  I was not to sure on how my mother would react to the sound of my voice.  It had been four years since she had last talked to me.

"Aidan?!?"  She half screamed into the other line.

"Yeah, mom it's me."  I said, tears jerked at the back of my throat but I pushed them away.

"Boy, it is 2:30 in the morning, you better be outside or on your damn death bed."  that was defiantly not the reaction I had dreamt of.

"Well, in thirty minutes I will be outside."  I was just over thirty minutes from Lilac.  The town that had been my home for 17 years.  The town that was so small that you could not wait to get out, but never did.  The town I left.

"WH-What?"  I heard the tears in my mother's voice.   I heard light ruffling, and the sound of a male clearing their throat.

"Hello?!?"  My father said.

"Hello."  I replied.

"Aidan?!?"  Just as my mother had done, he questioned who he was talking to.

"Yes sir."  My father was head of police, and I was always taught to address him formally.

"After four years, and not a word from you, you just pop up out of the blue."  He screamed at me.  "Aidan, why now?" 

"Cause now is the perfect time."  To be honest I had no idea why now.  Just that their was a dying urge inside of me to come back, to face her again.  "Sir, I need a place to stay."

"You think I'm going to let the biggest disappointment of my life, stay inside my house?"  It was clearly a rhetorical question.  "Because you are my son, and I will not put you out on the street."

"I'm sorry."  I repiled into my cell.

"Tell that to Carly."  Suddenly, the other line went dead.  Clicking my cell off, I went back to drive on the road.  My father had no idea, that I had every intention of telling Carly how sorry I am.  There has not been a day that I have not thought of her, and our child.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulling into my parents house, my heart went wild.  As far as I could see, nothing had changed.  Of course, my parents lived just a few feet into the town.  As soon as my car was shut off, the lights came on.  The front door slowly opened, and my mother emerged out.

Tears again pulled at the back of my throat, pushing them away again, I exited my vehicle.  Slowly, I walked towards my mother, who did not look too much different.  Her hair was still rather short, and very blond.  Although, I did notice her weight lost, she looked too skinny in my opioion.

"Hey mom."  I said I wanted to wrap my arms around, just because I missed her; but I feared that she hated me too much to want to hug me.

"Aidan."  The tears overflowed my mother's eyes, and she wrapped her skinny arms around my waist.  "I missed you."  She cried into my shirt.

"I missed you too."  I felt a gaze staring hard at us.  I looked up to see my father's cold eyes glued on me.  "Sir."  I said with a slight nod of my head.

"Aidan."  Was all he said, before walking back inside. 

My mother unwrapped her arms from me, and looked up me.  "Aidan, he will come around."   Looking into my mother's eyes, I saw pain and hurt.  I could not help but wonder if I had caused her pain and hurt.  "I made coffee for you... umm you will be staying in your old room."  With that my mother led me into the house.

Like the extire, the intire was completely the same as four years ago.  "You guys didn't do much to this place."  I dumbly stated.

"Why change something when it works, or is already done and would ruin lives to change."  My father said, not hiding the hidden message to his words.

"Sorry."  Was all that would come out.

"Tell that to Carly."  He again said to me.  My father and I fell into a silent stare.  Neither one of us moving an inch.

"Todd!"  My mother screamed at my father.  "Stop it, now go to bed or play nice."  I laughed at her old saying.  Instantly I regretted it, my father's hand connected my check, sending to the ground.  "Todd!" 

My mother grabbed a hold of my father, who just stood his ground, hovering over me.  "That was long over due."  He spat at me.  "Meryilyn."  He turned to my mother, and lightly placed a kiss on her forehead.  "I am going back to bed, you can stay with disgrace."  My heart stopped at his new nickname for me.

We watched as he walked down the hall.  Picking myself up from the ground, I looked at my mom.  "Yeah, he'll come around."  I spat at her.

"What do you expect him to do, it hasn't even been an hour."  My mother began to cry again. 

"Don't cry."  I said.

"Are okay?"  I shrugged at my mom. 

"I'm kind of tried from my drive, so I'm gonna hit the sack."  I said.  Already knowing my way, I just walked away.   As I went to go into my old room, something struck me as odd.  I was not to sure what it was, but it felt wrong.  Shruging I shoved the door open and stepped inside.

I shivered, not from the coldness but from the feel of being inside here again.  The room had not been touched since that day four years ago.  The bed was still unmade, and the trophies still sat on the top of the old dresser.  I suddenly walked over to the dresser and opened the top dorw.  I nearly laughed out loud when I saw my old clothes was still in it.

"We couldn't bear to part with them, or change this room."  My mom scared me.  Spinning around I looked at her.  She just looked back at me.  "Aidan, you have no idea how many times your father just stood at this door way.  You hurt more people than you know."  With that she walked away from me.

I could not stop the tears that formed in my eyes.  I knew I had harmed many, but my stone colded father, that hit home.  I slowly stumbled to the bed, and feel on top of the covers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

oh and thanks to charity1212 for being my first fan:)