Chapter 2: Human or Yokai

I am really sorry for my late update. I had a lot of problems encountering right now, one after another. I hope it stop soon. I am starting to give up. I cannot update faster so I am really sorry. A lot of things are happening on me right now. And I just can't keep on updating since it was not even my phone. I just borrowed my sister phone for a while in exchange of my new story for her. I was planning to publish my based story of my story promise to fulfill . Thank you for reading it. I am deeply sorry. Here's my next chapter.

It has been week since she was saved by someone she didn't know at all. She thought it was a Yokai who had saved her that day but as his father's word tells that he was a human and apparently the heir of Mori residence. She was confused as to what really happened that night.
Today, she's going to pay a visit to personally give her thanks to him. And for one other reason, she wants to see him to herself if it's really true. Nanami decided to come together with her to also pay a visit to a friend. Knowing that Kirihito had helped Yukiji  that time, she's very thankful.
As the two reaches the house, Kirihito's mother greets them, welcoming them in their residence. Kirihito came out as soon as they reached the living room. Kirihito pays his respect to the elders then politely lead them to their respective seats.
"Thank you. You truly is a gentleman." Nanami smiles on him. Yukiji introduces herself to the family and give her thanks to them together with the gifts prepared by her parents. They eat then have a  fine conversation. Confirming that Kirihito was a human makes her pleased. Yukiji easily acquainted to them and have smile for some times. Yukiji somehow feel happy being with them even though it was just a small time. When they were about to leave Nanami decided to be left behind saying  there was something she wanted to tell to the Kirihito.
Yukiji decided to leave and let the two to talk. Nanami goes to the garden with Kirihito. She face him confused.
"Did Akura-ou saved Yukiji that night?"
"Why did you suddenly asked?" Kirihito knew that Yukiji hates yokai and that makes him understand the situation. Akura-ou was a yokai. Even though they are twin, it cannot change the fact that they are different. And besides, Nanami was both worried at Akura-ou and Yukiji all at the same time.
"Yes, I did." someone speaks behind her. She knew that voice very well. It was her yokai friend Akura-ou. He was taking his human form right now, a form similar to Kirihito. Nanami knew how much Yukiji  hates yokai and she was afraid of both being hurt. Akura-ou knows it well. When it comes to friend and those special to her, she was trying anything possible so that no one will be hurt.
"I am sorry." Nanami bows apologetically. There's nothing she could say.
"I understand. You don't need to worry. I don't have any plan on telling her anyway. It is better to be hidden since my parents don't know it either. I sneak out of the house and go to the festival to have some fun. So it's better for her not knowing it. I am fine."  he gives his reassuring smile. Akura-ou knew that he had done some cruel things in the past. Before he met his family, he was a destroyed person, he was a hindrance to all Kami. He understood very well. He was changed by Nanami. Since he met her, everything in his life change even his view. He started to learned how humans live and being treated their kind with respect and equality. For him, at first, humans are fragile things that can be broken easily. However, Nanami started to build a relationship he never experienced before. Being treated as a family, learning to be cared and to care, having friends, joy of having someone who will support you and right all your mistake, she was that one. Whether she was a yokai or a human, he will accept her just like her accepting all about him; his mistakes, his attitude and his kind.
After some talk, Nanami decided to leave. Kirihito told his parent that he will just walk her to the palace. Nanami declined but he still insist telling that if anything happens to her Akura-ou will sure be worried. Knowing that she kettle it passed by. Kirihito walk side by side with her. It was a long way to the palace. They are the only people around since it was not the crowded area. Kirihito takes it as his chance to talk ti her alone. His brother Akura-ou was having fun so he decided nite to interfere since Nanami visited only at some of her free time. Their house was quite far from the capital so it will take you some walk before you reach  the village.
"Nanami, may I ask you something about Yukiji?" Kirihito hesitated. He isn't sure if he could ask it. He was surprised at knowing that Yukiji has hatred towards yokai.
"Yes." Nanami smiled at him. She doesn't know what he will ask but she will answer it as long as she can.
"Why does Yukiji hate yokai? I mean she treated me well even knowing that I have some yokai blood like you. She has that kind of smile that you could say she was happy. Besides it seems like she was a very kind person." he snapped it out. Nanami was shocked but smile. He was quite a good person actually. He accepted his brother without any question and took care of him.
"Well,  let me say it clear. Yukiji doesn't hate yokai before but a certain things happen. My mother, a pure yokai was killed by humans without a reason. Yukiji stands their for me and keep me on forgiving human. Before, I feel that hatred too. Not to yokai but human who killed my mom. She was there and help me heal those invisible wounds. She has someone she loved. She loved her deeply but he was killed by yokai. She begged for them that time but those yokai showed her the most cruel things she could see. In front of her, he died. They cut him to pieces and left only his head. That makes Yukiji hates yokai. For me too, it was cruel. Who would do such things to those who never done anything to them? He was a kind person who gave equality to everyone, showing kindness." Nanami became furious just by remembering. She never hated anyone just like how her family taught to her. However, it is different. Kirihito calmed her down, letting her sit by a nearby sakura tree. It always calm her. She smiles at him and apologies for what had happened. Kirihito forgives her. After a while, they walk again and finally reach the village. Nanami decides to walk to the cemetery.
"This way is where you found her, right?" He nodded at her.
"We found her being held by two man. Akura-ou use some force after she fell unconscious while I was holding her. After that we decided to take her to the palace as we mistaken her as you." Nanami seems to be finding some clue as to who dis this thing to her cousin.
"So why didn't you notice our differences when you rescued her? I mean you easily found out that I was Nanami when we reach your home."
"Uhmm." he thinks of the reason. She was right, he easily notices Nanami that time.
"It was you eyes, Nanami. That time we cannot see her eyes since it was dark. And normally, any person in that stated would be unconscious after being save. So we never thought that it wasn't you. When you were in our manor I saw both of your eyes. Hers was a light violet that seems like it is full of hatred while yours was brown that seems to shines even trough the night." Nanami was a maze at how a very little detailed like that, Kirihito sees it.
"Besides, When we reach the palace, all the guards called her Yukiji. Is that all you want to know?"
"Yes, thank you. You can leave now. Thank you for accompanying me until here. I have some errands to go. So you can go now. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen to me."
"Are you sure?" she nodded.
"Ok then, I shall take my leave." he bowed at her and bid their farewell. Just then, Kirihito leave and Nanami was now alone.