Chapter Two

Now-

Now-

            "I HEARD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SISTER," she says softly "and I want you to know how very sorry I am"

"Thank you" I whisper.

After an uncomfortable silence I continue my story. I tell her how my sister had a car accident, how drunk she was and no one wanted to take her home. And I tell her how her car hit a tree and the impact killed her instantly. I tell her every horrible detail to make her flinch or avert her gaze, but she doesn't.

"And how do you feel about that?" for a moment I forget she is a principle. Just for a moment.

You really want to know?" I ask and she nods so I continue " you know, You never know how much you'll miss someone until they are gone." I whisper, now looking at the picture again. I see one kid wearing a red T-shirt, a big smile is plastered on his face. Probably never known misery. I continue, "You never think that the first thing you do when you wake up is to rethink every memory you had with that person, trying as hard as you can to not forget every little detail." The kid has brown shaggy hair that falls to his eyes. For no apparent reason, I keep looking at the picture while I talk "You never believe that you will sit each day at class remembering how the person looked like.You never think to relive the morning of that day because it is the last memory you ever have of that person. and you most definitely do not think that someone you love will leave you so soon. " Tears started to trickle down my face. I wipe them away quickly, but she already saw and hands me a tissue.

"So after she died, what happened?"

Then-

            THE FUNERAL WAS HORRIBLE, watching them bury my twin sister. Having to say goodbye to my other half. I couldn't bare it. I buried my face in Zac's chest, and he held me tight. Never letting go. After the ceremony ended everyone met us at our house. All those aunt, uncles and more people I have never met kept hugging me and telling me how sorry they are and it will get better, they promise. I kept looking at Zac, needing someone to help me escape this mess, but he was busy with his own hugging and kissing unfamiliar relatives.