10

---Aarti's POV ---

I had to pretend like I was getting along with Salina, just so I can find out things about her and use them against her.

Who the hell does she think she is?

I'll teach her to keep a relationship with a married man.

Why am I spoiling my mood?

Today there was a party for my promotion.

I was really excited for this and I tried to mention it to Hussain but he gave no f*cks.

I was about to get my outfit ready when he walked inside.

"Hey, I need to tell you something," I said.

"Make it fast," he said.

"Ok. So I got this promotion & there's a party this evening & I'd like.." I was saying but he cut me off.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"Around 7 is when it starts and we have the DJ til 1," I said a bit happy that he was asking.

"Awesome. Have fun," he said.

Should've seen that coming.

"You won't come?" I asked.

"Why would I? You think I'd want to be a part of your happiness? If something goes wrong then tell and I'll happily celebrate with you," he said.

I had no idea how to respond to that.

"You can't even make an appearance? There's going to be so many people there," I said.

"Nope," he said going on his phone.

"Hey Salina, come over from 7-1 we can hang out," he said and winked at me.

He hung up and smiled.

"Have fun," I said.

"Oh, I will," he said.

"Me too. I mean have you seen me? Any guy would be lucky to be with me," I said throwing my wedding ring at him. "Definitely WON'T be needing that."

He was startled by what I just did.

I left to get ready.

Once I was done with everything, I walked back out and his reaction was priceless.

"I'm leaving

"I'm leaving...so... peace," I said and left.

I got to the party and met up with some people including my friends.

About two hours into the party I saw Hussain and I don't know why I smiled.

It was going to go by him but stopped myself when I saw Salina with him.

He really had to bring her?