four

As I slowly approached the familiar airport located approximately thirty minutes away from my hometown, I dragged my two suitcases along.

Las Vegas, one of my favorite cities of all time, was where I'd make my departure. The airport was somewhere that I've visited and worked with many times before, and making my way around the multiple areas was pretty easy. But, my mom didn't really agree with me stepping on a plane alone.

"You're shirt's rumpled, Sean." My mother said, pressing her hand over my top as she frantically tried to check my suitcase. She ripped the case out of my hand, rolling it over to an electronic machine that had the ability to check me in. As she tapped away, I thought about what it would be like landing in Los Angeles. As an 18 year old, I would've never thought that I'd be traveling alone on business trips like that so early. Especially not for Justin Bieber.

The thought of being in the rehearsal room and dancing away to the songs made by the teenage heartthrob made my heart beat. I wasn't the biggest fan of Justin, but I could recall a few songs I knew from him. I hoped that the whole ordeal would work out for me, and that I wouldn't go over there and have everything that I had previously learned about dance vanish from my brain.

My mom turned to line up behind a couple in order to receive my ticket. I followed behind her, waiting for our turn up next right along with her. The man checked my suitcase for any odd liquids or weapons, and then allowed us to pass with my ticket.

It kind of felt embarrassing to have my mom do most of the work. Other teenagers, usually teamed up with a group of friends, had no problem doing their business around me. I guess it was needed, especially because my plane would leave in about ten minutes.

My mom and I raced over to catch the plane. After standing in an even longer line at the terminal, the woman at a small podium checked my ticket and permitted me to make my way onto the air craft.

I waved my mom goodbye, after one last kiss on the cheek.

The plane ride wasn't that crazy. Although turbulence fueled a disturbance, the smooth flow of the trip made me relax and calmed me down enough to enjoy snacks and a movie. I clacked away on my phone, taking pictures of the pretty blue skies and atmosphere guarded by the small cut-out windows and filming myself taking in all of the sweet glory. 

Not having WiFi deprived me of things like social media and texting, so having to keep myself bottled up for the duration of my ride just made me want to get off even more. Seeing the bright lights and sunny beaches of California was my new craving. I even thought about going over to a little restaurant immediately after getting off to relieve myself and to inform my mom about my landing.

I plugged my headphones in to listen to some Rihanna, bopping my head left and right as I listened to some of my favorite songs by her. Many may have thought that I was abnormal, but I didn't care. I was going to be a star soon!

After being in my seat for almost five hours, the plane finally executed its landing and rolled into its runway. My droopy eyelids that had just lifted themselves after a nice short nap shot open as I quickly tried to gather both of my thick suitcases and head into the LAX building.

Instead of leaving and trying to find a restaurant around a city I had never been to before, I just had a little lunch at a Chilli's inside of the airport. I'd need to report back to Justin's camp anyway to possibly file some papers and meet with Scooter Braun. That would consent me to practice with the rest of the dancers the next day, just a few weeks before the actual tour jumpstarted.

---

The hotel room that was booked for me by Justin's camp was set up perfectly for a person like me. The room lit up via multiple see through lamp shades with a few light switches on brown tinted walls, accompanied by a large bed caressed with a puffy comforter. The black rimmed bed went great along with the carpeted floors and black work desk, as well as the black fridge propped up underneath the sheltered, boxed television. As I lazily rolled both of my suitcases over by the brown curtains hiding the large cerulean pool outside, I attempted to turn on the TV.