Chapter 24 ~Wherein She Interrogates The Pervert~

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Chapter 24~Wherein She Interrogates The Pervert~

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

AKU'S POV

I go to the most obvious place where most people go to when they're bullied. The bathroom.

I enter the comfort room, literally the comfort room, to check if no one is there. No one is outside the cubicles but I don't know if there's no one inside the cubicles.

"Nanami?"

No answer.

"Nanami, if you're in here, please just tell me you are. You're worrying us."

"I-i'm sorry..for worrying you." she whispers in between sniffs. I breath out in relief. I follow her voice to the furthest cubicle. I try to push it open but it's locked.

"Nanami, please let me in."

"No.. Just stay away from me.. You heard what they said! I'm known as the school's slut." she sobs again.

"I don't care about what they said. Is it true?" I keep my ears close to the door if ever she decides to whisper an answer but none came. Instead, she opens the door and reveals her crying self with mascara running down her face.

"Yes. It's true." she says, finally regaining her voice but not her dignity. She keeps her head down to avoid eye contact with me.

"Still—"

"Still what?! You still want to be friends with me?! Okay, no one wants to be with a good-for-nothing whore!" she shouts and attempts to close the door again but I push it open with my body.

"I'm not gonna judge you by that! I don't even know the whole story! I'm not that judgmental!"

"You promise not to judge me?" she says slowly stopping to resist.

"Yes, I do." I step away from the door. She opens it fully.

"Fine.. I'll tell you the whole story." she takes a deep breath and goes to the mirror. She wipes of the mascara on her face.

"Don't force yourself, Nanami."

"I won't. I feel like I can trust you."

"Okay.."

"So, it started when I dated the captain of the basketball team. He was really charming and romantic at first but after a few weeks, he became..a little bit too sexual."

I raise my eyebrow at the last part of her sentence as if saying "A little?"

"Okay, fine. Very sexual. He used to love to just cuddle and watch movies but all of a sudden, it seems like all he wanted to do is make out with me. He made me wear very revealing clothes when we're around his friends. He said that he just wanted to show off his girlfriend. And I was stupid to believe him.

"One night, he took me to his friend's birthday party. He sweet talked me into drinking a cup of Vodka. The next thing I remember is me waking up naked beside him.

"When I entered our classroom, everyone whispered around me and laughed at me. During an event, they played a video to be seen by everyone in my school. It was the video of us..doing it. But his— I mean, their faces didn't show up, just mine. Only then did I realize that he drugged me.

"The only clue we got to prove that there was three of them was the voices. My parents threatened them to not put the video on internet. Fortunately, they didn't put it in any social medias. I had to move to different schools and I'm so unlucky that some of my former classmates are here. They still remember that.