Chapter 3

- Chance

I walked into the precinct with sweaty hands. For the first time in my life, I felt as if I didn't know what to do. I walked up to the glass enclosed desk. The clerk looked at me and said,
"May I help you?"
"I'm here for Reniqo Santos."
"Okay." she said typing on the computer that was in front of her. "Well it looks like they're holding him. He won't have a bond until Wednesday, that's when he sees the judge. I'm sorry sir." she said with an empathetic look.
"Thank you." was all I said. I turned around and left the building, pissed. I reached my car, slid in, and let my head hit the steering wheel. "What. The. Fuck."

- Ryland

Chop dropped us off at our house about ten minutes after Chance left the restaurant. I know how him and Nico's relationship is, and I know it hurt him to get that call. Nico was like Chance's little brother. After we got dropped off, I put the little ones down for a nap. It's going on 4 and I was sitting in the living room playing Grand Theft Auto V on my online profile. The front door swung open and Chance walked in. I dropped the controller, and looked up at him. He looked completely defeated.
"Hey." I said.
"Ry, imma just go up and go to sleep. I really don't feel like talking. I love you." was all he said, and he didn't bother making eye contact with me. He went straight to the staircase. After he made it upstairs, I went into the kitchen. I pulled out some leftover chicken with macaroni and cheese, and some cheesecake. As I was putting the plate into the microwave, my phone rang. I pushed the button on the microwave and walked over to my phone.
"Hello?" I said picking up.
"What are you doing?" Crysta said.
"Heating up some food. What's up?" I said taking a seat at the island.
"Have you heard anything about Lil Nico yet?"
"No. Chance just walked in talkin bout some 'I'm going to sleep, I don't feel like talkin.' I liked to slap his ass. He walked right by me and didn't look my way."
"He did not? He know he trifling." she said matter of factly.
"But it's okay, his ass is on punishment. The kitty is off limits." I said laughing.
"It's what?" I heard, just as the microwave started to beep, signaling my food was cooked. I froze.
"Crysta I gotta go." I hung up. Then I turned around and said with a serious face, "You heard me."
"Girl you got me fucked up. If I want some pussy imma get some pussy. Fuck is you talkin bout?" he said laughing.
"Boy please." I said getting up to get my food. "But for real. What happened with Lil Nico?"
"He won't have a bond til Wednesday." he said.
"Damn." I whispered to myself. "He's tough, he'll be alright."
"I know, it's just I feel bad that it's him. We got plenty of lil niggas runnin around. Why it had to be him, you know?" he asked me, finally sitting at the island. By this time I was making my way back over with my food. Just as I sat down, Keegan went to screaming bloody murder.
"I got her." Chance said getting up.
He disappeared around the corner.
I began eating. I finished my food and went upstairs. I found Chance and Keegan in our bedroom watching Teen Titans Go. Before I could sit down Kyreon started crying, so I just pivoted on my foot and exited the room. I entered his room and scooped him from the playpen he was in.
"What's wrong little man?" I said in baby talk. I made my way out of his room and back down the hallway. When I made it back to the room I found Chance lightly snoring next to a sleeping Keegan. I snuggled us in bed next to them, and soon after that Kyreon and I joined Chance and Keegan in the dreamworld.

- Lil Nico

I hated orange. Orange makes me look like a damn pedophile. I looked down at the jumpsuit with disgust. How could I have let them catch me slipping? This is some bullshit. I heard the locks on my cell click, so I looked towards the door. When it opened a swole black guy came in. He had RedRum tattooed on his neck, and both arms were covered in ink.
"Santos, meet Mitchell. You're new cellmate." the guard said.
I stood up, and seeing as I was damn near 7 feet tall, I looked down at him. I extended my hand for him to shake it. He looked at me like I was crazy, then finally stuck his hand out.
"What's up man?" I said letting go of his hand. "What they got you for?"
"Fraud, evading taxes, possession with the intent to sell, and human trafficking." he put air quotes around the last part.
"What, you was a pimp?" I asked with a chuckle returning to my cot. He walked over and sat on his, which was opposite of mine.
"Nah man, I had one bitch making my money. She'd go trick in the streets and bring me the money. Willingly. Its not like I was forcing her. But shit, it was money." he said chuckling.
"I feel you man. I feel you."

- Locked Up | Akon