Chapter 4

3 Weeks Later

- Lil Nico

It was about 12:30 when I got called out of recess. I been sitting in this room  with a two way mirror in it for about 10 minutes.
"Who's back there?" I said to no one in particular. "Man, stop playin." I chucked a bit. "Come on in. Y'all ain't foolin nobody."
Just as I finished my sentence, the door opened. A skinny guy, about 6'2'' walks in. He's got tattoos all over his arms and he has cornrows that go a little past his shoulders. He made his way around the table and sat down.
"Reniqo, my name is Detective Harris."
"Okay, and? You a fuckin pig. Just wait til I get out, my brother gone have some heat for you." I said with a sinister grin.
He slammed his palms onto the table and leaned over into my face.
"Are you threatening an officer? You know that's another charge right?"
"I want my lawyer."
"You want to tell me who's drugs we found. And if you don't," he unplugged the tape recorder on the table before speaking again, "you're goin away for a long time." He got up and walked over towards the camera in the corner of the room. He bent down and ripped the plug from the wall. As he was making his way back to the table, he cracked his knuckles. He slid the chair away from the table then stepped into my face. "I'm gonna bring down the Synd., if it's the last thing I do." I felt his fist connect with my jaw. Connect, after connect. Wherever his fists could land is where he hit me. 
"Agghhhhhhhhhh." I yelled. Over and over he hit me. I could feel my lip swelling. My left eye was almost swollen shut. Eventually his blows stopped hurting. Then I blacked out.

-Ryland

I woke up to an empty bed, and it was 9 o'clock in the morning. The house was eerily quiet. As I was getting out of bed, my phone rang.
"Hello?" I said.
"Glad to see you're still alive bitch. Where you been?" I immediately recognized Crysta's voice.
"I could ask you the same thing. How are you and my cousin?" I said walking into the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and prepared to listen as I was brushing my teeth. o cut on the faucet and said,
"Well?"
"Girl... He's amazing. And it's crazy cause I've never seen myself with anyone but Marshaun." she sniffled a bit, but continued, "He let me move in, and he's pretty much told me he doesn't want me to work. I be at his house all day, chillin."
"Girl you got it made, but that's all I do too. And watch my kids. Ever since I got pregnant and had Keegan, I haven't moved weight. Been out the game too long, and my fingers are itchin. Chance won't let me do it though."
"Girl, he just trying to protect you. Better be glad."
"Don't say it like that. I love the fact that Chance is so protective, but I just wanna make my own money again, ya know?"
"I guess you're right, it does get kinda boring just sitting inside all day." she said as I finished in the bathroom. I made my way downstairs to the living room couch.
"Girl, tell me why Chance ass left with my babies, and I have no clue where they are."
"Are you serious?" she asked. Not even a minute later, Chance walked in with a car seat in each hand and a diaper bag on each shoulder.
"His ass just walked in. Imma call you back."
"Alright, handle that ma." she hung up.
"Hey my babies." I said as he made his way towards me. He stopped a few feet in front of me to put down the car seats and the bags.
"Where did you go?" I asked him picking up Kyreon. Keegan was asleep so I didn't want to bother her.
"Damn, I don't get a good morning, a hug, a kiss. None of that, just straight questions." he said seriously. I pecked his lips, then I said,
"Good morning. Where did you go?" I repeated myself. I walked over to the playpen and put Ky in it.
"I took them shopping. We went to Carter's and Polo."
"Don't be taking my babies outta here without me knowing where you goin with them. I woke up and almost had a heart attack."
"You telling me that like I'm not their daddy."
"Whatever dude." I said, giggling. I sat on the couch. Chance walked down the hall and appeared seconds later with a bottle of Powerade in his hand. He put the drink on the coffee table, then picked up the game controller and the tv remote. He then simultaneously turned on the electronics.
"What's in there?" he asked.
"I think GTA, but don't quote me on that." I replied as the safety warning flashed across the tv. His phone started ringing, and I glanced down at the screen. Leila flashed across the screen. He looked down at the phone, and didn't bother to reach for it.
"You gonna get that?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Nah." he said never looking away from the loading screen. The phone stopped ringing.
"Oohhhhhkay." I said dragging the 'o'. Not even ten seconds later, it started ringing again. The same name was on the screen.
"If you don't answer it, I will." I said looking at him sideways. He sighed, and put the controller down, then picked up the phone.
"Hello?" he said.
I couldn't hear what was being said on the other end, but whatever she was saying had Chance's face all contorted.
"Why'd you wait six months to tell me this?" Pause. "That's foul." Pause. "Send the results to 867 Grange Lane."
He hung up and put his head in his hands.

- Chance

"Chance, who was that?" Ryland said.
"I gotta tell you something." I said looking over at her.
"Nah, you gotta tell me who the fuck that was. And what results is she sending here?"
"Her name is Leila. And DNA results. She said it came out 99.99 %. Her daughter is mine."
"YOU FUCKING CHEATED ON ME?" she yelled, causing Keegan to wake up, and Kyreon to start crying.
"No, no! Just, lower your voice." I got up, picked up my daughter and gave her a bottle. She grabbed it and started feeding herself, then I put her in the playpen next to Ky. He stopped crying when his sister crawled next to him. I grabbed his bottle from his diaper bag and handed it to him.
"Go in the kitchen, we'll talk in there." I said.
"Fuck that, did you cheat on me!? I can't believe this. I've been nothing but faithful to you, and you can't seem to keep your dick in your pants. Hell you can't strap it up either, apparently."
"Ryland the little girl is like 4 and a half. She was before you. I was a junior in high school when I fucked that bitch, she don't mean shit to me."
She sank to the couch looking guilty and hurt.
"Now before you start assuming shit, how about next time, you let me explain before your hotheaded ass explodes. Woke my babygirl up over some nonsense." I sat next to her and grabbed her hand. "Since we've been back together, I've never stepped out on you. And that's on my babies."
"I believe you." she said quietly.
"Have I given you a reason not to?" I asked rhetorically. She just looked at me. I kissed her cheek, then her forehead.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you." she said.

- Mad | Ne-Yo