Chapter 1

Rokan sat in his bedchamber waiting for his sister to arrive with news. The news he was waiting on was of the arrival of the shifter. He had known that he loved her. She didn't return the feeling as long as he was the king. She was supposed to protect him, not love him. How could he be so foolish?

As he was ranting in his mind, Claires  stepped into his room. He welcomed his sisters company at times. Others not so often, because it was a rarity that she welcomed his presence. He looked at her hopeful. She nodded and turned and left. Will was standing behind her, he smiled and headed towards the shifters room.

Rokan could hardly wait to see Isabel. He looked at her. She was setting on her bed, in the riding clothes she had worn the day he brought her to the castle. Isabel looked up at him, she smiled quickly then looked out the window. Will was beside him, his arm brushing Rokans.  He walked to Isabel and sat at the foot of the bed.

"You know Isabel. If you want you can take the throne back. Since you are the only surviving hier of the throne. Throw me in the dungeon or have me beheaded among the public. Something but set here and wallow." Rokan said, hardly noticing what he was saying.

"I suppose I could do that, but without a king by my side the people would over throw me." She sighs still remembering her fathers words exactly.

Isabel had been rushed with memories of her past life, not as the shifter but as the rightful princess of the kingdom. Her fathers voice, Krear as a younger boy. The shifters body laying on the floor lifeless on that fateful night. She has seen years that should only be months, day that should be years of memories. Of her past and what was she to be now?