Neville & Harry the Chosen 2??

A/N: I own nothing, J K Rowling owns Harry Potter and the theories belong to their respective owners.

Theory

WHY DID SNAPE DESPISE NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM? IS THERE ANOTHER CHOSEN ONE??

Have you ever wondered why Professor Snape despised Neville Longbottom so much? Neville could have been the Chosen One instead of Harry Potter. Now, why Neville? Well, before we get to the Neville could have been the "Chosen One!" ranting, let's take some time to take a closer look into our favorite potions teacher's time at the Hogwarts.

In Snape's years at Hogwarts, he had fallen for Lily Evans. Sadly, for him, Lily ended up marrying James Potter and later, had a child named Harry Potter, after, while the young Potter was still an infant, the Dark Lord came to the house in which the Potter family was in hiding ( remember that the Potters' Keeper had spilled the beans to Voldemort ) and killed Lily and James. The Dark Lord ,however, was never able to kill Harry. The love of Severus Snape's life was dead and Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived became an orphan. Here's where Neville comes in! Lily and James Potter could have lived a longer and have somewhat peaceful life if it were not for Harry turning out to be the legendary Chosen One, the person destined to defeat the Dark Lord. The Prophecy states that the Chosen One had to be born at the end of the 7th month, which is July. Harry was born on July 31st and Neville was born July 30th, so that's 1 point each for both boys to be a valid choice in being the Chosen One. Taking another look at the Prophecy, it says that the parents of the Chosen One has to defy the Dark Lord 3 times. Harry's parents were a part of Dumbledore's secret association along with Neville's, this must have given many opportunities for the Longbottoms and the Potters to defy Voldemort. Some evidence that helps support the 'Neville could have been the Chosen One theory' is that Alice and Frank Longbottom were taken by Death Eaters and tortured but they never gave in to the pain. They never revealed the information desired and are still recovering at St. Mungo's Hospital. So that gives another reason as to why Neville could have been the Chosen One along side Harry. Well, here's the last parts of the Prophecy, the Dark Lord must mark the Chosen One as his equal. Obviously, we know of Harry Potter's scar but what about Neville???? Well, even though Neville hasn't been marked by Voldemort like Harry, he still has one thing that could make way for the possibility of him being the Chosen One. He had a power just like Harry that Voldemort could never have, love. So basically, Neville and Harry could be the Chosen 2. While Harry was going after the horcruxs and trying to stop Voldemort's plans from taking action, Neville stayed in Hogwarts and was a leader. When Harry was supposedly dead, Neville was the one who stood up to Voldemort and helped at least spark some hope in those who had been fighting in the Battle of Hogwarts. Without Neville destroying Voldemort's final horcrux, Nagini, Harry would have never defeated the Dark Lord. So, because of this, there is the possibility of Neville and Harry being the chosen one, it's just that Voldemort decided to go after the Potters instead of the Longbottoms. So, Voldemort was able to choose between Harry or Neville as being the Chosen One, but both were valid choices.

Now, back to Professor Snape, the reason why he despised Neville was because if the Dark Lord had chosen Neville as the Chosen One, Lily would have had a longer life.

So,do you think it should have been the Chosen 2 or just 1?

Here's the prophecy if you wanted to read it: 

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...

born to those who have thrice defied him, 

born as the seventh month dies... 

and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, 

but he will have power the Dark Lord has knows not... 

and either must die at the hand of the other, 

for neither can live while the other survives...

the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord, 

will be born as the seventh month dies..." 

Thanks for reading!