Chapter Thirteen

“Tonight, my TigerClan warriors, is the night we take RiverClan’s and WindClan’s territory!” Tigerstar yowled as he stood on the Highrock. Every bone he had longed for this moment. Though it would be a battle that brought death Tigerstar didn’t care about any other individual but himself. He just wanted power over the whole forest badly. Thistleclaw longs for this moment. Now he can be proud of me for completing our long dream.

It had been a while since the last Gathering took place and Tigerstar found he couldn’t wait any longer to rule all four Clans of the forest. Tonight will be the beginning of the bloodshed. I’m getting closer to accomplishing my dream.

Some cats below him looked willing to rush into battle while others remained silent. Scourge, who was lying on the rock next to Tigerstar, looked excited while his cold ice-blue eyes showed hunger for blood spill.  Some of the apprentices looked nervous. Though queens and elders were not meant for battles, Tigerstar had decided to throw them into it to have a bigger number.

“I want the former ShadowClan cats to charge into WindClan while the rest of us will head to RiverClan,” Tigerstar went on. “I want the WindClan attackers to be drawn to the gorge where all Clans will fight. We will leave now.” He leaped from the Highrock and Longtail walked up to him.

“Are you sure we’re ready for battle?” Longtail asked with concern. “We never even got to practise our fighting strategies. You’ve basically just thrown this unexpectedly at us.”

“I am the ruler and battles will happen when I say so,” Tigerstar snapped. “Do you want to join the elder’s den and be replaced by some other cat as deputy?”

“No, of course not,” Longtail replied. “I like serving as your deputy and I respect your orders. I just think it’s a bit unfair how you threw the battle onto the Clan without them having training.”

“Their life just isn’t that fair,” Tigerstar answered. “But after the battle TigerClan will be the strongest and only Clan in the forest. I’ll wipe WindClan and RiverClan with my own paws if I have to.”

“Wouldn’t the camp be a bit too crowded?” Longtail questioned. “It’s as crowded as it is with the former ShadowClan cats. There will be no room with WindClan and RiverClan in our camp.”

“That’s the whole point of taking over the whole forest. There will be more room for a whole Clan,” Tigerstar pointed out. “There’s no need to be fretting about the battle that will give us more power. You’ll be the deputy of the whole forest, Longtail.”