Chapter six

Hey guys, I've been meaning to get this up, i've been so busy! thanks for understanding!

--Princesslissa

Keira on the side! ------------->

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6

     When I awoke the next morning, I felt giddy. I was really excited to see Keira and tell her about Jack. As I went through my morning routine adding in the new make-up tips Keira had shown me; I was even feel good enough about myself to wear some of the new clothes I got yesterday. I sifted through all the clothes in my closet and settled on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a grey cardigan. I brushed out my hair and finger curled the ends. Throwing on a slouch beanie, I checked to make sure my makeup was still in tact, grabbed my phone and my backpack, and went down to have breakfast.

     When I got to the kitchen Theresa viewed me with approval.

“You look nice in something other than a pair of track pants and a tee-shirt”

“I figured, since I spent all the money, I might as well wear them.” I shrugged as I set my bag down next to the breakfast bar, and slid into one of the stools. I grabbed an orange out of the fruit bowl, and started to peel. “Where is Tye? If he doesn’t wake up soon we’re gonna be late once he is done getting ready.”

“He came flying through here fifteen minutes ago, shouted something about Lilah, grabbed the car keys and left.”

“Oh, how thoughtful of him” I mumbled and popped a slice of my orange in my mouth.

      “Don’t worry about it, I have time to drop you off. We can even swing by the coffee shop. Just let me go finish getting ready and we can go.”

      Theresa, already dressed for the most part in a silk blouse and a black pencil skirt, padded away in her stocking feet, in search of her shoes. I smiled, excited about the small coffee shop just outside our neighborhood. I loved their fresh baked pastries, and the their hand made biscotti that went perfectly with a hot cup of earl grey tea. I heard the click of Theresa’s heels as she walked into the kitchen to grab her keys off the key hook. As we were walking out the door, my phone dinged. I saw it was Jack. I took a sharp breath in, and Theresa looked at me curiously. I grinned and said “Keira.” Theresa looked so happy, that I couldn’t help but laugh.

      I didn’t risk looking at my phone till we were at the coffee shop and Theresa was busy putting the fixings in her coffee. Somehow telling your mother that you were texting a random guy that you happen to meet because he was trying to get a hold of his now ex-girlfriend seemed like it wasn’t the best idea in the world.

      “I’m running late! I know that you’re not one to actually TRY, but do you think you could take notes till I get there?” I snorted out a laugh, and quickly typed back a response.

“You might want to re-check the top of that message. I don’t think that was intended for me. You seem to do that often :).” Theresa started in my direction, so I locked my phone and shoved it back into the front pocket of my jeans.

     I had barely gotten to my locker when I was nearly knocked off my feet by a tackle hug. I didn't have to look behind me to see who had done it, none of my other "friends" would ever do anything so random or physically intimate. I grinned like and idiot and reached behind me to tickle her sides. She roared in laughter and jumped away from me, tripping over her bag and landing square on her butt. This only caused her to laugh harder, tears rolling down her face making her mascara run.  The people around us now looking to see what the commotion was, and shrugging it off once they realised who it was.